10

steve:

the car ride to eddie's trailer was nothing but chaos. not to forget that steve was about to lose his mind a couple of times when eddie was leaning close to him to show him the directions that steve was able to smell eddie's scent which was a mix of cigarette smoke and old denim. half of the time eddie forgot to tell steve when he was supposed to turn left or right and if he remembered steve had to make an emergency brake to turn on time.

a few minutes later steve stopped his car in front of an old trailer and eddie and him got out. while eddie struggled to open the door, steve looked around him. a few hundred meters away was the beginning of the forest which spread through hawkins.

"voila! welcome to my home", eddie suddenly said and steve turned around to him. eddie pushed open the door and messily cleaned his shoes on the dirty doormat. steve did the same and followed eddie inside.

"sorry, i know it's messy. but i share this trailer with my uncle and neither him or i are clean freaks", eddie shrugged his shoulders and went to another room. steve didn't mind the mess. seriously not at all. without making it sound mean: it just fit eddie. it was eddie style.

steve sat down on a chair which stood backwards to the table. a few seconds later eddie returned with his e-guitar and holy shit. till this point steve was not aware that he had a thing for guitar players. maybe with a little bonus if their name was eddie... steve pushed the thoughts away in panic as if he was scared eddie might be able to read them.

"so! stevie boy- first of all, even though i already have a presumption, what kind of music do you listen to?", eddie leaned against the kitchen counter while putting down the guitar on his left foot so the edge wouldn't get any scratches.

"uhm-", steve gulped "tears for fears?", he answered but making it sound more like a question.

"you tell me, that's why i asked you", eddie laughed and fumbled a little bit with the guitar strings.

"also, sometimes the smiths", steve added and eddie's mouth turned into a wide grin.

"that sounds a lot like my stevie boy, huh", eddie chuckled and opened a kitchen shelf.

"ah sorry i didn't ask you before but do you want to drink something?", eddie held up two glasses stacked together in his free hand, which didn't held the guitar.

"oh, yeah sure. just water, please"

"alright. "just water" for my special guest", eddie imitated steve while filling up the glass and handing it steve.

"ha-ha- you are so funny, eddie", steve roled his eyes before drinking some water.

"yeah, i agree. anyway- do you want to start the project now or would you rather take a break from school and work? i am fine with both", eddie offered and steve felt like throwing up from this man's perfection. which left steve even more confused about himself.

"now is fine. to be honest work is already a break. a very long and boring one"

eddie nodded and sat down with his guitar next to steve. steve's intuition immediately told him to move away a bit from the other one to give him enough space for playing his guitar so he followed his gut. however, eddie reached for the chair and placed his hand on steve's who grabbed the bottom of the chair to move it while staying in his sitting position.

"where are you going, harrington?", eddie asked confused and pulled steve and his chair even closer than before in his direction. steve's mouth was as dry as the sahara and he had to lick his lips a few times before being able to answer.

"i just- just wanted to give you more space to play", he stammered while drowning in the eyes of the other male once again.

"if i need space- i will move. no need to try to get away from me", eddie joked while steve just reacted with a panicked "haha, yeah okay".