07

steve:

the next morning went pretty normal for steve. he got ready, picked up robin and as soon as he stepped on the school's property he felt the urge to leave again.

"one last month. only one last month", steve said to robin who shared his excitement for sitting in a room with student's who were exactly as motivated as them for the next five hours. even most of the teacher's themselves gave up on trying to squeeze anything out of the almost adults which was at least one good thing.

"we have chemistry now, right?", robin asked while both of them walked through the corridors.

"yup, and i am so unmotivated to enter this class room right now just to hear another one of mr. bots boring life stories you wouldn't believe it", steve answered and leaned against his friend's side.

"the date with vickie went okay? i guess?", his friend suddenly blurted out while nervously playing with her fingers.

"oh my god, rob! i am so sorry i forgot to ask you how it went! really, i am so sorry i completely forgot about it, jeez", steve went with his hands over and over through his hair. he couldn't believe it. how could he forget about something which was so important to his best friend!? steve couldn't deny he felt horrible and guilty in that moment but robin quickly wrapped her arm around his shoulder.

"steve, it's fine i am not mad at you! don't let your brain tell yourself i would be mad at you because i am not, i promise! i saw how tired and overwhelmed you were yesterday after you drove me home", robin tried her best to cheer up her friend.

"thanks, rob. just know that i am very sorry that i forgot about your date. however, i am glad that it went well! did something between you two happen?", steve smirked down at his friend whose face just turned a shade of pink.

"sshhh! you can't just ask that this loudly!", robin whispered and pushed steve to the left where their class room's door was located.

"don't think you can get away this easily, buckley", steve said while he was just getting his friend's laugh as an answer.

multiple lesson's passed and steve took a deep breath when the bell finally rang to announce the lunch break. he packed his utensils in his bag and left the room when a voice called for him as soon as he walked a few steps in the canteen's direction. he would meet up with robin and maybe also eddie in the canteen and was just not in the mood to let someone change his plans. instead of stopping steve decided to ignore the familiar voice and pushed farer through the crowd. he knew he'd pay for this later but who cares? no jason before lunch.

when he entered the canteen he let his eyes move from table to table, trying to find his friend. or friends? was eddie already a friend? steve shook his head to get rid of those dumb thoughts before spotting robin's white sweater. he didn't see eddie so robin might have been right about the other young man not coming to school. or well, that's what he thought until someone put his left arm around steve's shoulder and gave it a tight squeeze.

"hey! what's up, stevie boy? looking for me?", eddie teased him.

before steve could answer, eddie already passed him and literally ran in robin's direction. steve could only stare how the young man slid through the small gaps between all of the students who balanced their food on their tablets. finally, eddie stood next to robin but instead of sitting down next to or opposite her, he stood on a chair and waved excitedly in steve's direction.

steve was at a loss for his words.

"how could eddie care this little about what other people might think or say about him?", steve thought and made his way to robin and eddie.