14

steve:

the ride to the repair shop went by fast and when steve turned of the car's engine it was pinpoint three o'clock.

"alright i will go and check where he is. do you want to wait here or come with me?", steve turned to eddie while unbuckling his seat belt.

"i will come with you", eddie answered and both men got out of the car.

"alright i guess he should be here?", steve said to himself while opening the shop's door. eddie followed steve and while eddie got stuck on a shelf, steve walked up to the counter. in the middle of it was a little bell placed and since steve didn't see anyone behind the counter, he rang it once.

"i am coming!", steve heard a voice and fast footsteps coming from the door behind the counter before the it got hastily open and a surprised dustin stepped in the room.

"steve! hey! what are you doing here? how are you doing?", dustin ran around the counter and almost tackled steve in a hug.

"hey, buddy. i came because i thought "why not give henderson a ride home?"", steve answered and chinked his car keys in front of dustin's eyes.

"really? thanks, steve!", dustin exclaimed and his eyes sparkled excitement which reminded him of-

"hey, steve did you see? they even have grub screws! exactly the one's i wanted to replace on my guitar!", eddie suddenly appeared next to steve with a small box in his hands.

"eddie, dustin. dustin, eddie", steve introduced them simply.

"hey, eddie", dustin welcomed him with a big smile but eddie was too perplex to react immediately so for a few seconds awkward silence filled the shop.

"he plays dnd", steve stated in the silence and pointed at the metalhead while giving dustin a little push towards eddie. immediately dustin and eddie began talking at the same time, interrupting each other over and over again but at least steve found a way out of the awkwardness. since he himself had no idea how dnd worked, steve decided it would be best to just leave them ranting about the game while he would check out the shop.

the selection of the shop was indeed bigger than expected but steve wasn't looking for anything specific right now so after around ten minutes he went back to where his friends stood with empty hands.

"of course we can play together! mike is a good dungeon master but i don't mind a change", dustin said obviously excited about finding another player.

"hey, dustin!", steve interrupted the conversation and both heads turned to him "can we leave, now? i actually didn't want to spend the rest of the day here"

"okay, yeah, fine. i am done anyway", dustin answered with a slight tone of disappointment since his conversation about his favourite game got interrupted. "i will just tell the owner of the shop that i am going home now. i think he lost track of time anyway"

eddie and steve nodded while watching how dustin left the shop through the door he entered it before.

"you didn't tell me that dustin boy was such a nerd, steve", eddie said with a laugh while leaning dangerously close to steve.

"ha- ha, i didn't?", steve laughed panicked and tried to force a smile to hide it.

"no you didn't", eddie's smile grew and so did steve's urge to place a kiss on eddie's soft cheeks. the thought of doing so made steve's face feel hot and steve prayed that dustin would just hurry up.

yes, steve was aware of his realization that he had a crush on the metalhead. but it was something completely new and different. maybe him now finding out that he liked guys was the reason why he never felt complete in a relationship with a girl? but were those even real relationships? and what about nancy? he definitely liked her! even after they broke up. so he did like girls. and now he liked a guy?