Chapter 36: Why

"Leave Sunny out of this mission. She doesn't have anything to do with it." Jimin barged into his mother's office with full rage in his eyes, slamming the door close. Hellina was almost too stunned to speak. What the hell is he up to right now?

She stood up from her office chair, walking towards her son with the thick four inches red high heels. "First of all, how dare you talk to me like that? Telling me what to do. She's distracting you from your mission and you're not doing anything!" She points a finger accusingly at him, it's so close that her long nail almost poke his eyes.

He swats it away. "Leave her out of it, mother! Or else--"

"Or else what? Or else what Jimin? Go ahead, tell me!" She grabbed him by the collar of his black suit.

He laughs mockingly at her and this even made her blood boils more. Such a disrespectful son. "You wouldn't like my answer." And she lets him go, shaking her head in disbelief. While he nods. "Do you still want me to tell you?" He asks with a knowing smirk on his face.

Her eyes widens for a second, inhaling deeply before she came up with a decision. She was mad. Really mad and done at him.

"I'd rather shut that mouth of yours forever." She pulled out a gun from her desk and pointed it at her own son. It didn't phase him. She swear will shoot him. She can kill him with no remorse. He has no value for her. She doesn't take him as her own, she never love him. He was just a part of shit in her life. She never accept the fact that he's her son, her child, a gift from the god. He's just a burden, a curse.

Jimin knows it could be his last day on earth. He knows she won't hesitate to pull the trigger and put that bullet in his head. But why isn't he doing anything? Isn't he scared? What if he really die today? What about his cousin? His uncle? And most of all, what about Sunny? He gulp deeply at the thought of it. He can't just leave the girl he love.

He didn't say anything and just wait for the bullet to come out and hit his head. Just when she's about to pull the trigger, the door swung open revealing the unexpected person.

The emperor.

Hellina's eyes widen in fear, befezzed, dropping down the gun immediately. Doing a great job hiding the gun beihind her back.

"Brother..." She nervously call, forcing a smile to her face.

"Is everything alright? You seem tensed." Unfortunately, the emperor didn't noticed what's going on inside the office when he entered as he was looking back to Mr Chung who's walking behind him. He failed to catch the gun on Hellina's hand. He only noticed how she seem alerted with something.

Hellina immediately came up with an excuse. "Oh, nothing. Just a bit stress with business." Words came out from her mouth naturally, as if it's the truth.

The emperor nod understandingly. "Don't overdo yourself much or else you'll get more wrinkles and grey hairs." He joked, laughing as he glanced at Jimin who just stood there on his spot in silence. Jimin greats him with a bow.

"Am I that old?" Hellina chuckled as she strut back to her seat. Motioning her brother to take a seat.

"It's a fact." The emperor pointed.

"Not wanting to sound rude but what brings you here, brother?" She crossed her legs as she sits comfortably.

She knows her brother only visit her for serious matter. So now, what could it be?

The emperor took a deep breathe before he speaks. "I'm here to tell you something important." He started, looking at Jimin who's about to excuse himself out. "It's better if Jimin will hear it too." He added, motioning him to come and sit down so he could listen.

"You sound so serious." Hellina commented.

"It is." The emperor sadly smile. Pausing for a moment while the two were waiting for him. "I'm dying." He finally let out the truth, giving a shock to Hellina and Jimin. Everything seemed stop. Jimin's face fell, mouth slight agape as his eyes starts tearing.

Why?

Why of all the members of their family?

"Why..." he breathes out, covering his lips that's starting to quiver with his hand. The emperor only sadly smile at him. He's expecting this reaction from him.

Jimin knew he was serious just by the tone of his voice. How could this happen? Why of all the people? The emperor was like a father figure to him and it hurts to know the truth that he's going to left him at anytime soon.

"You're just trying to pull a prank on us, your majesty. Right?" Hellina awkwardly chuckle, she wasn't still convince until the emperor only responded her a deep sigh. Her face slowly gets serious. "Oh no." She muttered, looking away. She makes it looked like she's very shock at the news. But deep inside of her, she's yelling in joy.

"Does the crown prince already know this?" she asked, making the tone of her voice sound as if she's really into this news.

The emperor shake his head. "Not yet."

"Aren't you planning to tell your son?"

He sigh, "I am. But, it's not the right time. He's so happy, with Y/N. I don't want to break the smile he rarely show. Ever since Y/N came to his life, that rare smile of him started showing every minute." It was so hard to tell him. He doesn't want to hurt him, not at this time. Ever since the queen died from illness, he didn't see him being so happy like now, with Y/N. "She's his everything. I mean Everything. Same goes to her. They're soulmates. Inseparable. I couldn't just...I couldn't just simply tell him about my condition like 'Hey, son. Listen, this father of yours has a cancer and I'm dying. Yehey, shocking right? Haha'." he threw his hands up in the air.

"Does Y/N already knew about it?" Now that she knows the secret, she has to find ways to ruin the royal. This would be fun, If it happens that Y/N already knew this, she can use it as her advantage. Seokjin will definitely going to be hurt. The thought of it excites her. "Oh, my god. How come she looks fine with it? How come she could bare this kind of secret? Why didn't she said anything--"

"Because I told her not to." the emperor cuts her.

*Glass shattered sound*

Their heads both jerked towards the direction of the noise. Being alerted by the sudden sound, they both stand up from their seats and there they saw it. The emperor's eyes saw how his son standing there at the doorstep, eyes wide in shock. Why the hell did he forgot to close the door? The broken vase outside was scattered ont the floor. He must have accidentally bumped it.

His eyes locked with his teary ones. Once again, he saw the hurt in him just the same as the day the late queen died. The prince is crying. Seokjin is crying.

No.

Taking a step, "My prince--wait!" Seokjin didn't let him come near him as he immediately turned around, sprinting out of the building before his father could reach him.

The emperor fell down to his knees, watching his son run away from him.

"Uncle!"

Jimin rushes to his side, kneeling down. He feel so sorry to his uncle as he sees him starting to sob as he cries, covering his mouth with the back of his hand to prevent it.

Jimin's the only one who tries to console the emperor while Hellina just stood there, smirking evilly.

On the other hand, Seokjin running out of the building, not minding the few people he bumped with along the street.

It was raining heavily, but it didn't stop him from running away. Everything feels wrong. He felt everything's wrong. The stare of the people, the pang in his chest, his hot tears mixing with the rain, his breathing, the world....Y/N.

"Why..."

(End of throwback)