From The Ritz To The Rubble (28.2)

Make sure you read 28.1 first x

~*~*~*~ April 23th 2019 ~*~*~*~

Alex got a girlfriend.

And you're really happy for him. Apparently he met her as they were all on tour back in the beginning of March and they hit it off really well. Y/B/F, being on tour with them, had obviously let you know when this started happening and Alex told you when it was made official a little after a month.

You're currently living your best life, absolutely drama free for the past 2 months due to not being in contact with Matty so you're over the moon for Alex. Up until a few days ago, you'd yet to give her the seal of approval as you'd yet to meet her, but now you're taken a bit of a holiday and you've come to Paris to see your best friend for the first time after his tour.

Pauline, Alex's new girlfriend, is French and you're very excited about this because it gives you an excuse to go to one of your favourite cities to see your best friend. Alex invited you over to the house he was renting whilst he was staying over there for a while and you've been over for a few days.

You met Pauline the second day you were in Paris, after Alex went to pick her up from the train station as she'd just been away to visit her parents, and you must say, you really liked her. You didn't expect that you wouldn't though, not after hearing good things from Y/B/F and the band. And you know Alex doesn't have bad taste.

Talking to her was really easy and you found her very easy to make conversation with, and seeing just how happy Alex was with her sitting beside him holding her hand, you're truly so happy for him. On the day that you were on your own with them, you found out that Pauline uses her middle name - louise - as her stage name, but goes by Pauline to her friends and family, and that she aspires to be a musician.

She's honestly really lovely and she's been more than welcoming to you as she shows you and Alex around to somewhere even he hasn't been yet. And last night you all had a wine night after you went and picked Matt and Y/B/F up from the airport as they were coming to stay until the end of your holiday too.

Last night you all got fairly drunk before heading to bed and it was so much fun because it felt just like old times again. The four best friends plus a new addition who held a place in Alex's heart. It was honestly such a lovely night and you all had the best time.

What you were excited about though, was sleeping in and relaxing in bed like you were meant to have on holiday. But that didn't quite happen, and that's not because you were now sharing your bed with Y/B/F.

It was because you could hear your other best friend shagging his girlfriend through the wall behind your heads at seven in the morning.

And you only find this out because Y/B/F nudges you when you turn over in your sleep and she asks, "Please tell me you can hear that and I'm not hearing things."

It takes you a few seconds to open your eyes and regain some sort of consciousness before you hear the thudding. And when you do your eyes go wide, and your hand goes over your mouth as you gasp.

"Nooo." You shake your head, you must be hearing things.

It's a creaky old house that Alex is renting. It's beautiful, but it's ancient. Surely it's just a pipe filling up with water or something.

"They can't be." Y/B/F has some wishful thinking too as she hears the steady thudding.

You hear a whine through the wall and you both look at each other with even wider eyes, you whisper, "I think they are."

"Holy shit." Y/B/F laughs but she puts her hand over her mouth.

Both of you lie there facing each other, the rhythmic thudding continuing with faint sounds accompanying it on occasion that makes the both of you laugh into your pillows.