How To Draw / Petrichor (19.1)

A/N: I'm not ready for you all to hate me after this. Nervous and excited is an understatement. Really hope you all enjoy this one, it's a mental chapter. I know I always say it but it's well and truly a rollercoaster of a series and it's going to be a very fun time from here on out. Thanks a million for reading x

~*~*~*~*~*~

"God it's good to be back."

It's a strange feeling walking into your home after being away from it for 6 months. But you have to admit that it feels so refreshing to be back.

Last time you went away with them it was only for 2 months and despite you not coming back to your Sheffield home afterwards, getting into your bed at your Aunt's house in Wilmslow was pure bliss. Not just necessarily because you were away from Alex that time, but because it was familiar and comfy. You were home.

"Right, I didn't think we were that bad." Alex chuckles, putting your suitcase down in your lounge for you.

Unable to stop yourself, you giggle at that and spin yourself around to face your best friend once again.

"You weren't," You promise, "But my own space again that isn't a seven by three coffin is wonderful."

Alex grins at you then, he can clearly tell how happy you are to be home. It's been a long 6 months since you left and a lot has changed. Alex would like to think that things have changed for the better for you, as when you left you were still hurt over the Matty situation.

Now you seem a lot happier and Alex seems to think at least that you're almost sort of a thing?

He really doesn't want to push his luck and ask you to put a label on it though. The last thing he wants is to scare you off. No pressure and light hearted seems to be the best way to go.

Alex grabs your hand and pulls you into your bedroom, and it is exactly how you remember leaving it. Unable to stop yourself, you're eyeing up your bed that you haven't stopped thinking about for the last month.

"Jump on your bed." Alex instructs, and when you look at your best friend he's already looking at you with a big grin, "Believe me it's just as satisfying as you think it will be."

So, you do as you're told. You jump onto your freshly made bed, something that you need to thank your Aunt for doing for you.

God you really wish she was your actual Mum. She acts enough like it. Volunteering to come over and give your flat a Spring c-, well, Autumn clean before you got home and despite you saying no she'd come and done it anyway. God you adore her.

Instantly you feel yourself relaxing into the comfy mattress and duvet. After breathing a sigh of relief, you open your eyes and grin at your best friend who's standing at the end of your bed chuckling at your childish behaviour, "Yeah you're right. This is heaven on earth."

"Room for one more?" Alex asks you, quite clearly teasing you a little but it doesn't get him very far.

"That's so cringe, Alex," You're unable to stop yourself from giggling. He's giving you a slight death stare as your laughter continues, "Why did you ask and not just do it?"

"I am cringe," He swats your leg that's closest to him, "And you are too, we kissed at the top of the Eiffel Tower."

"True." You smile up at him, before raising your arms up to him and making it clear that you want him to grab your hands. "Help me up."

After you make the both of you a proper cup of Yorkshire Tea, the both of you settle into your settee and put Gavin and Stacey on. Time becomes an irrelevant concept for the two of you when you're together, which is how it goes from being 5pm to 10:30pm in what feels like 5 minutes.