"No," Bella shakes her head, smiling, "Thanks Jon, but no. I'm gonna confront him myself, you know? Ask him what his problem is."

Jonathan smiles a little, proud of his sister. "Good for you, Bells."

After arriving at school, Jonathan left Bella to her own devices as she chose to stand against her car and read for a little longer. Instead, Jonathan entered the school building and quickly found his locker.

"What's with the dark look?" Cass asks, breaking him away from his thoughts on how he could at least confront Edward after Bella got her chance to make sure the rich prick didn't hurt his sister ever again.

"Hm?" He turned towards her, "Oh, nothing, just thinking about something Bells told me." He divulged, "Apparently that Edward Cullen guy insulted her."

"Oh, so, what, are you trying to plan his murder or something?" Cass asks, laughing.

"What? Me? Plan a murder? No, no," Jonathan mockingly jokes, "It'll just be a very unfortunate accident if anything else."

Cass snorted, shaking her head and she held back a snicker. "Man, have I missed you, boy wonder."

"Wrong superhero, Cassandra."

"Um, excuse me, if anything boy wonder fits you better."

"Not denying that, but it doesn't negate the fact that-"

"Oh, negate my ass, Swan-boy." Cass scoffs with an eye roll, shaking her head. "And if we're gonna get clinical here, then I shall be referred to as Orphan or Black Bat. Maybe even Batgirl, but we do not refer to me as Cassandra." She shuddered. "God, might as well be a witch with an old ass name like that," She laughed out loud.

"Better than Catherine or something," Jon offers with a shrug, knowing that Cass had hated that character in the book Wuthering Heights that they'd been forced to read in freshman year (well, she had been forced to read it over the winter break because she had procrastinated and waited until then to actually read it and Jonathan had been chilling with a copy of Pride and Prejudice- hey, it was a classic, and he wasn't embarrassed to have been hooked on the book the moment Cassandra's sister had offered it to him. It was a well known classic among literature for a reason), "Lest you be compared to that horrid Wuthering Heights."

"Don't even remind me of that god-awful book."

. . .

Seated in class for his first period, with Cassandra seated right behind him, Jonathan was quick to notice when Evangeline Cullen came into the classroom. She was late, which seemed to stir the class as they whispered about the possible reason. He wanted to roll his eyes at the craze this school had over the Cullens- though, his annoyance wasn't with her, no, she seemed like a lovely girl, albeit more of a loner, like himself and Cass; no, his ire was more so directed towards her older brother, Edward.

Evangeline looked a little frazzled, but played it off as she stared coldly at those around her that dared to stare openly, ogling her like loons. She was a gorgeous young woman, and she was very curvaceous. She wore dark jeans with black heeled boots, a black blouse under a brown leather jacket, and had black-silvery necklaces decorating her collarbones. Something about the Cullens that Jonathan had noticed was that they were all so incredibly attractive- all of them. Every single one of them was hot. Which was so unbelievably unfair in Jonathan's mind.

The lecture started without much delay once the final bell had rung, and Jonathan tried paying attention, but was ultimately distracted which resulted in him staring off into space. He was in his own world, thinking about what he would be doing to waste the time away once he got home, that he hadn't realized that the lecture had ended.