"So, what happens today?" I asked, curious as to what Steele might answer. "When we arrive, we'll go into the registration line and get you registered. They'll give you a key and a the weekly schedule. You'll go into your cabin, unpack your stuff, and hang out and meet your cabin mates. By the way, it's segregated boys from girls, for obvious reasons. Although, I know you won't have a problem with that. At two, you will meet your lead counselor that will watch over your cabin. You'll have a little introduction into the camp coming from your lead counselor. After that, the counselor will take you on a tour around the camp to get you aquatinted with the area. After that, you'll just hang tight until six. You'll eat dinner and socialize. Then, you'll meet with Mr. Graceffa at the pavilion near the lake for an orientation. After that, you'll be free until ten. That's your curfew. Lights out at eleven." He explained. At this point, we were pulling into Caspar's driveway. The car halted into a stop in front of Caspar's house.

"Go get the idiot." Steele said. "He prefers the term 'mentally challenged'." I said with a sarcastic tone. Steele just laughed and waved me out. I grabbed the handle of the door and motioned outside of the car. I moved up the driveway and up on the porch. I punched his doorbell a couple times. I could hear scuffles from inside of the house. The door was pulled open by Theodora.

"Hey Troye!" She said gleefully. I smiled happily. Theodora was a bundle of happiness. Like her brother, nothing could ever get her down. You could say she has terminal cancer and she'll still be the happiest person on Earth. "Hey." I said.

"He should be down any second." She said. She turned into the house and yelled for Caspar. "Hey Caspar! Troye's here to pick you up!"

"I'm coming!" I heard Caspar reply from the hallway. I heard a door slam shut and rolling sound echoing through the house. Caspar appeared, looking excited. "Ready?" I asked. He nodded exuberantly. "Let's go then!" I said, excited myself. Caspar stepped out of the house and onto the porch. "Bye Theodora! Tell Mum I said bye!"

"Bye Casp! Love you!" Theo replied.

Caspar began to move off the porch and towards Steele's car. I followed behind him, hearing the front door close behind me. "Here Caspar, let me put that in the trunk for you." I favored. His face lit up with a concerned look, something I've never seen on his face before. He looked panicked. "No, it's ok. I'll put it in there." he replied quickly. I was thrown off by his tone and expression. They both showed insecurity, nervousness, and embarrassment. Caspar was never, EVER any of those things.

"Umm...okay. I'll tell Steele to pop the trunk." I said, spooked by Caspar's out-of-character-ness. I motioned Steele to pop the trunk. Steele reached down at the center console and pressed a button, releasing the hatch to the trunk. I moved around the front of the car, opening the farther door to get in the backseat. I got in and buckled up. I felt the car move as Caspar slammed the hatch down. he got in next to me and buckled up as well. He didn't have a smile on his face or have positive body language. He was slumped over and looking embarrassed. Steele put the car into reverse and moved out of the driveway.

The next half hour was filled with conversation about whatever came to mind. Caspar and I talked about what we wanted to in our future with music. Caspar wanted to be a renowned choreographer and I wanted to win a Grammy. Steele and Caspar traded banter over sports. Gross. At the hour mark, Caspar fell asleep. He looked at peace. His eyes fluttered and his fingers twitched. He must be having the best dream ever. Not a few minutes later, I followed suit with Caspar and felt my eyes close as I drifted off into my own imagination.

-

I woke up to the smell of gasoline and pit sweat. The car was parked. The seat next to me was vacant, as well as the driver's seat. I rubbed my eyes and stretched. I looked around to see that we are in a gas station. I looked behind to the side of the car to see Steele filling up the gas tank. I assumed Caspar was getting something to eat or going to the bathroom.