𝟎𝟐𝟎.

❝𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

The car ride back home was silent, just as lifeless as the body she had to leave behind in the Upside Down. Leaving him there hurt her more than the conversation.

The thing that came closest to that was the fact that she didn't say it back. June didn't tell Eddie she loved him too and it shattered her more every day that he had to die not knowing it.

June's car was still standing close to Eddie's camper, so Steve drove with her car to her house, all their houses were quite close to each other.

June's eyes widened when she saw the state of her house. She opened the car door and got out of the door - she fell in the process, but we don't talk about that - before Steve even stopped the car.

Juniper limped to her house. The big mansion had been split in two, the split burning passionately. Ambulance, firemen and police stood in front of the house, along with multiple camera crews and half the town.

The camera crews followed June closely the minute they saw the startled girl arrive. But all June could see, was the bodybag laying next to the ambulance.

With the tears still flowing, old ones from Eddie and new ones from whatever this situation was, she tried to talk to the officers, "Powell, wh- who is in the.. who is in the bodybag?"

"Miss.." Powell spoke, "please, step back."

Steve parked the car messily in order to get to his friend quicker, but what he found was a slaughter. A slaughter of bricks, flesh and emotions. Juniper's emotions.

"Who's in the bodybag?" June asked once again, this time louder and more demanding. It was her goddamn house, she had to know if her mom and dad were okay.

When officer Callahan still didn't let her through, June punched him in his nuts to get to what she wanted. He folded rather quickly and June ran passed him to the bag.

She dropped down beside it, not wanting to wait to open it. Once the zipper was open and June could see who was inside, she crawled backwards, away from the bag.

Inside was, in fact, her mother. Only her head was missing, they found a headless Lucy McKennan, "We've been searching for her head, but we haven't been able to locate it yet." Powell informed her.

"I'm going to be sick." June muttered before turning her head and spitting out some saliva. She then thought of the other part of this house and swiftly got on both feet, seeing Steve and the rest further away, trying to fight their way through the crowd, "Where's my dad?"

Powell gulped as he opened his mouth to say something, but before a word could come out of his mouth, one of his other officers came out from behind the house. June heard the cameras clicking, but didn't understand what was so important until she turned around.