𝟬𝟬𝟯.

❝get me out of my comfort zone

get me out of my comfort zone.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"Okay, so, to summarize." June concluded, "It's a fantasy board game with animals."

Eddie chuckled, "That's one way to put it. Only these animals are cool, there's, uhh, dragons, demogorgons, wizards, dwarfs, I could go on for ages." he rambled, "I'm talking too fast, am I?"

She scoffed jokingly, "Maybe just a little bit."

He looked down in embarrassment, trying to hide his smile. He hadn't expected her to be nice, especially to him, but he liked her even more because of it.

She didn't know why, but he gave her this safe feeling that she was free to be who she really was. Maybe it was, because she unconsciously knew he would never judge her.

She cleared her throat, putting the hair that fell over her shoulder back, "What about him?" she pointed at a white action figure that stood on the board, "He seems important."

Eddie breathed in sharply, "Oh, him you do not want to encounter. He's called Lord Vecna and important he is."

June smiled at him, seeing how passionate he was about such a stupid thing as a board game. She didn't think him a freak, she thought it was adorable.

"Oh, I forgot, do you want a drink? I got something lying around." he proposed, not waiting for her answer as he already stood up to get a drink. A little later he came back with a bottle of cheap liquor, "Sorry, I couldn't find it in the mess." he chuckled.

"It's fine." she excused him, June looked up at him briefly before returning back to the board, examining it. Eddie handed her the bottle of liquor so she could drink from it.

She took it in her hand, their fingers touching for a split second, and drank from it. The spiciness of the alcohol filled up her mouth, but she didn't care. She liked it.

"Damn," she exclaimed, "this is actually good." she laughed, making Eddie smile as well, "It's better than that crap my parents buy, that's for sure."

Eddie furrowed his brows, taking the bottle from her to drink from it next, "How so?"

"It's just, sometimes," June admitted, "sometimes I feel like they buy stuff because it's the most expensive, not because of it's quality."

"Wow," he took another sip of the bottle before handing it back to her, "that's fucked up."

She shrugged, she didn't know any different. She looked behind the guy and saw a glimpse of a familiar thing. She got up excitingly to make her way over to the object.

Eddie scrambled behind her in confusion, he had no idea what she saw. He found her in his room looking at the guitar hanging on his wall.

"You still play!" she marveled in excitement, "I have almost the exact same guitar!"