𝟬𝟭𝟲.

❝𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙘𝙮

❝𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙘𝙮.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

June McKennan sat on one of the couches in the back of the camper, she was leaning against Eddie's torso, half asleep. It had been awhile since she's slept, but Eddie made her feel safe enough to close her eyes and drift away.

"Hey, Perry?" Eddie called out softly, stroking her curly hair. She hummed in response, not opening her eyes, "Thank you."

"What for?" she sleepily asked.

"For sticking with me." he replied, making June sit up straight, losing her sleepy state, "I probably dragged you into all this and you probably don't even want to be here and I'm sorry-"

June quickly stopped him from speaking further after hearing that, "When are you going to realize that I am here for you. Not because I don't want my father's secret out and certainly not for my parents. You."

"Really?"

"Yeah, idiot, how come you haven't noticed yet?" the black girl chuckled at his stupidity. Then, she blurted out something she had wished to stay inside, "I'd do anything for you, don't you realize?"

Eddie's heart rate went up while Robin looked up from wherever she was looking. She felt the urge to go to Steve and demand her cash, but he was too busy chatting with Nancy.

Eddie had no clue how to respond to that, so he awkwardly looked to all sides except her eyes, he cleared his throat to change the subject, "Are they the reason for your fear? Your parents?"

June's head turned too quickly, indicating that his assumption was right, "No." she lied, but to Eddie it was clear that was a lie, "Okay, he might've been a part of it. But I hated them before!" she tried to defend herself.

"Sure you did." Eddie smirked, his smirk dropped and his eyes softened, "Can I ask what happened?"

"Way to kill the mood, Edward." June grabbed the brunet's hand and took one of the rings on his fingers, she put it on her thumb to play with it, "Simple, he shot at me." she muttered the last part, "Almost killed me, if it wasn't for mom."

"I'm sorry." he rubbed his free hand over her arm in comfort. He couldn't believe Matthew McKennan would get himself so lost that he'd shoot his own daughter. yeah, he figured from June's stories that he was stoned off his mind, but than again so was he sometimes. But this far? Crossed the line.

June closed her eyes and tilted her head back, wincing slightly at the feeling of her open neck to the couch, "Nope," she responded, popping the p, "you're good."

➼➼➼

Steve pulled up at the War Zone. He, Robin, Nancy and Erica got out of the camper to go inside while Dustin, Lucas, June and Eddie stayed inside. After a while Dustin and Lucas wanted to go for a walk. They knew the status of the two older teens and man, were they rooting for them.