𝟬𝟭𝟮.

❝𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤

𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Robin and Eddie had been paddling for a few minutes now, June put her hand in the water while it flowed the other way. She felt unbothered to join in on the conversation the other four were having.

That was until Nancy made them stop paddling, she showed the compass, which was going wild. It couldn't stop flicking to all sides, letting June know they were right above the gate.

"Guys, what's going on?" Dustin's voice rang through the walkie talkie, "Come on, guys, talk to me. What's going on?"

June looked up from the water as Robin took the walkie in her hand, "Uh, Dustin, your- your compass has gone from wonky to wonky with a capital "aah!"."

Everyone's eyes were casted on Steve when he started untying his shoes, "Steve, what are you doing?" Nancy asked him while he put his shoes and socks out.

"Somebody's gotta get down there to check this thing out." Steve explained, undressing further, "Unless one of you four can top being a Hawkins High swim co-captain and a certified lifeguard for three years it's gotta be me. No complaints, all right?"

June scooted closer to Eddie, rubbing her arms. It was freezing in the night in the middle of a lake. Especially when you're wearing a t-shirt and a pair of shorts.

Eddie put his arm around her, rubbing on her arm to make her warmer, "Hey, I'm not complaining." he replied, "I do not wanna go down there."

He took a plastic bag out of his pocket while Steve got rid of his shirt. June caught Nancy looking intensely at his back and had to hold in her laughter. But then again, Nancy had a boyfriend, so she wasn't sure if this was really a laughable situation.

Eddie emptied the plastic bag by throwing everything inside the boat, he took the flashlight he was holding and put it inside for Steve. This way it wouldn't get wet and Steve could continue using it underwater.

"Hey," he gave Steve the flashlight, "Good luck."

Steve thanked him before getting ready to dive into the water. Eddie wanted to light up a cigarette, but June took it out of his mouth and threw it as far away as possible, "Jesus, Ed." she expressed, "Not fucking now."

He gave her a hurt look, as if she'd just stabbed him in his chest. She laughed a little at his expression, feeling like he was being so dramatic. She liked that about him though.