Non-Binary Mad Scientist Reader x Splendor

Start from the beginning

"DEAL!" They finally break the silence, grinning much like the mad scientist they are and snatching the items from me. "BOTTOMS UP!

I watch them down the foul looking liquid, recalling it actually didn't have any kind of smell coming off of it. Their face doesn't contort either so it must taste better than usual or they're just used to all of the fowl tastes by now. They grin at me and pick up the meat clever resting their hand on the table.

"Why must you make me participate in these things?" I huff softly, a medical kit at the ready and in hand.

"On three! ONE! TWO!" Before they yell three the meat clever is slammed down, my eyes wide as they pick up their now nubbed arm.

To my surprise no blood spurts out. It spills but that is quickly slowed as we watch it slowly regrow. Y/N watches in fascination as the bones are the first, mixing their skeletal hand which sends a shudder down my spine from the creepiness, nerves, tendons, muscle, and finally the skin grows back step by step. Y/N let's our a whistle and flexes their regrown hand, a grin letting me know they felt no pain and I could see they had full control over the limbs. I change a glance at the 'original' hand on the table, the only evidence they had chopped it off in the first place.

"AMAZING!" Y/N grins, looking up at me with wide and hopeful eyes.

"It's......," I trail off, glancing at the severed hand before taking a steadying breath and grinning at them. "Absolutely amazing. You did such an amazing job, Y/N."

"THANK YOU!" They grin, moving to Splendor's side of the table and throwing their arms around him in a hug. "I can't believe it worked! Imagine the possibilities!"

"What did you use?" I ask, watching them run off and grab a jar for the severed hand which I still can't bring myself to look at again.

"Salamander tail, son axolotl limbs, a central disk from a starfish, planarian worms, things I like that. Why?" They ask, tilting their head.

"Some of those animals are endangered, you can't use them to make them. As crazy as you are I know how animals are go you. You found most of them dead didn't you?" I ask them gently, their excitement dying down a bit as they consider things.

"IT IS OKAY! WE ARE IN TEST PHASE!" They suddenly declare, a chuckle leaving me as they dodge my question.

Y/N hated animal testing. They would rather experiment on themselves than an innocent animal which they always did. I haven't seen a single animal in this lab and I was here a lot so I would know for certain. Unless humanely necessary Y/N avoided killing anything, looking like they could be a witch with all their jars of dead animal parts in storage. They would visit areas and just explored, collecting whatever they came across, and being back to the lab in a matter of hours. They developed a source of travel already which is how they're able to literally go to the other side of the world and walk back into their lab right after. They were amazing but had a thing for making things explode, rambling how very questionable item names fit so well together, and turning everything into an experiment. They were awful at socializing!

Still, they were a genius and could give so much to the world, but they were a Mad Scientist who loved pushing the boundaries of the body. They had talked plenty of people and pastas into joining some of their experiments. Everyone comes out fine but I could only imagine some of the things Y/N convened them to watch. They were pretty fond of entrails.

"Okay, okay, I need to figure out regeneration plants. Ones easy to go maybe?" Y/N mumbles, their hands behind their back as they walk back and forth.

"Halt right there, Y/N! You gotta uphold the bargain!" I declare, catching them out of their daze.