Chapter 9

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

The week went by pretty quickly, Linc, Tami and Albert spent a lot of time together and did lots of fun stuff. Like going to the cinema, paintball, watching car races, etc. Of course, the Loud family came along. And of course they didn't listen to Linc and are still trying to bring him home. All except Lily, she's asked if he might want to stay, but after discussing that he can't just abandon his friends and family in Japan, she accepted that it wouldn't work. The week went by quickly and Linc and Tami are at the airport with Albert, who wanted to be with them until the last moment.

Linc: Well Pop-Pop, it was really nice with you.

He hugs his grandfather who also hugs back.

Albert: Yes it was, Lincoln, yes it was. Take good care of you both.

Albert looks at Tami, who smiles at him and hugs him. She lets go and gives him a thumbs up before trying her English.

Tami: T-thanks fo-r the g-great ti-time, it was nice.

Albert takes her hand and shakes it again.

Albert: It was nice meeting you Tami, please take good care of my grandson.

Tami nods and makes her way to be checked in. She comes through with no problem and waits for Linc. Linc waves to his grandfather again and wants to be checked in too, but the employee refuses his ticket.

Employee: I'm very sorry Mr. Loud, but your ticket has been blocked because you seem to have a court date here in America.

Linc looks at him in shock.

Linc: What do you mean I have a court date?

???: We can answer that Mr.Loud.

Linc turns and sees a young woman in a suit and skirt, she has blond hair tied in a ponytail, blue eyes, and glasses. Behind her are two police officers.

Linc: What's going on here?

???: Hello Mr Loud. My name is Glynda Goodwitch. I'm a lawyer and I'm representing you and your aunt in the case against the Loud family, about who gets custody of you now.

Linc looks at her confused before realizing something.

Linc: Oh these fuckers didn't.

Glynda: Excuse me?

Linc: Let me guess my parents are suing Aunt Alex for custody of me?

Glynda: Correct. I am very sorry that your trip back to Japan has been delayed.

Albert: Oh no.

Tami approaches Linc worried and holds his arm.

Tami: *Whats wrong?*

Linc explains the situation to her. Linc explains the situation to her. Tami is shocked and upset. He puts his hands on her cheeks and looks deep into her eyes.

Linc: *Travel back and explain the situation to the gang, I will call you and the others as soon as possible. Don't worry about me, I'll be back as soon as possible.*

Tami nods, kisses him on the cheek and makes his way to the plane.

Linc: So what now?

Police Officer: You come with us first. Ms. Glynda and you can discuss anything at the station.

Albert: I'm his grandfather can I come with you?

Police Officer: Sure.

Linc and Albert follow the cops and Ms. Goodwitch to their car and drive to the station. Once there, they are greeted by Rita and Lynn Sr.

Rita: Lincoln!

Rita seems happy that her son is back, but he himself is angry and so is Albert.

Albert: Rita! i'm disappointed in you.

Rita seems shocked and looks confused at her father.

Rita: Why the dad, because I want my son to live with us again?

Albert sighs and holds his forehead.

Albert: I understand that, but Lincoln has said several times that he doesn't want to stay here, that he's built a life in Japan that he doesn't just want to leave behind. And as always, you don't listen to him.

Rita: Yeah but dad-

Albert: I don't want to hear it!

Linc and Albert are led into a room where Ms. Goodwitch is already sitting at a table.

The two sit down and Linc leans on his arms that are on the table.

Linc: Now explain the situation to me.

Glynda: Your parents are suing your aunt Alex for custody of you because your aunt refused to give it back to them.

Linc: Yeah I got that. What now?

Glynda: The court date is in a week, where it will be decided who gets custody. Until then, you must live with your family and go to Royal Woods High.

Linc sighs, leans back in his seat and says sarcastically.

Linc: Great... Anything else?

Glynda: Do you happen to have some photos from your time in Japan? They would be helpful for the procedure.

Linc: I have no pictures with me. Pop-Pop, do you still have the pictures I sent you?

Albert: Yes, they are on my PC.

Glynda: Well if you don't mind I would love to come with you and make a copy of these pictures.

Albert: Yeah no problem.

Linc is very glad right now that he never sent his grandfather a photo of him and the gang, at least not in their uniforms.

Linc: Would that be all?

Glynda: Yeah. See you in a week.

Albert and Linc leave the room only to see Lynn Sr. and Rita standing there.

Linc: Off to the car.

The four walk to Vanzilla, and get in.

Lynn Sr.: So Lincoln how was-

Linc: Don't talk to me.

The drive home was very quiet nobody wanted to say anything especially as Linc was sitting in the back with a very dark scowl on his face. After letting Albert out at the retirement home, they finally arrive back at the Loud Family home. The three leave the van and go into the house, Linc's sisters are sitting in the living room watching something on TV.

Lola: Hey Mom, hey dad, hey Lincoln.... LINCOLN?!

The sisters look at the door and drop everything to go to Linc.

Lucy: Did you decide to stay here?

Linc: No. Someone...

He looks at his parents with an angry look.

Linc: Thought it might be a good idea to sue Aunt Alex for custody.

The sisters gasp and look at their parents in shock.

Lana: You guys did what?

Leni: Isn't that a little extreme?

Rita: Your aunt didn't want to give us our son back, we thought you'd like that. We're trying to get our family back together.

Linc: Great idea to do it that way. So where do I sleep?

Lynn Sr.: Your old r-

Linc: I'll stop you there. I'm taller than Leni and I can say with certainty that I don't fit in my old room anymore. So I ask again where do I sleep?

Rita: You can sleep in Luna and Luan's room.

Linc nods and heads up the stairs, the rest of the family wince as they hear the door slam.

To be continued.

The Loud One in Tomanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें