Chapter 1//Prolouge

✔️✖️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're a good for nothing, freak of nature!"

My mother screamed, her voice was slurred but sill comprehendible. She has just came back from an all-nighter at the pub downtown and reeked of alcohol and bad choices.

The two combined immediately wafting into my nostrils and I immediately back up in fear.

Please not tonight.

Cowering away from her crazed eyes, I spun around and tried to run into my room right a-crossed the hallway. The room where I would have a bit of safety in. Turns out even drunk my Mother was a step ahead of me . She grabbed my arm with her metal like grip fake nail's digging into my flesh.

Almost forcing a howl of pain out of me, and it would have if I wasn't so prideful at that young age.

She shoved me to the ground roughly as if I was nothing more than trash. My feet were shaking from under me terribly, it made it a lot easier for me to collapse into a mess onto the floor.

She took of her chain belt that was looped around her waist slowly. She wanted me to be scared.

Scared I indeed was.

Then the screaming came, tear's began forming in the corner of her own dull eye's. Eyes that where burning with the desire to make me feel the pain she lived with everyday.

Little did she know I already suffered everyday with the burden of someones life on my shoulders. How little she knew about me. How little she actually cared.

Broken syllables left her mouth, tears now flowing freely down her face.

Her choking up ended and now she just glared at me. There should have been a loving glint in her eyes. A glint that a proper mother should have. However, she's not a proper mother, she is the darkness in my life and I hate her.

She spoke down to me, "She would still be alive if it wasn't for you! You should have been the one to have died! Not her, she was perfect! However."

She cut off her throat closing.

"You took her from me! I'll never forgive you for that!"

Raising her hand she snapped the belt loudly the chains clinking against each other. I swallowed hard, my eyes misting over.

Her words hurt me more than her beatings ever will. It hurt so much because it was all true, I fuck everything up and I should have been the one to have died.

With a final snap the belt whipped out towards me. I would have begged for help in that moment for anyone to save me. Why would I have though? No one ever heart my cries for help before. It would have been no different now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cat- Cat- Catarina- CAT!"

Someones voice brought me from my dream - or rather memory - I shot up from my bed, drenched from head to toe with a cold sweat. My eyes grew wide and my body was still shaking lightly. Before, I even have the chance to look around for the source of the voice, my head hit something rock hard and I let out a surprised yelp of pain mixed in with surprise.

Stars danced in my eyes, filling my vision making it slightly splotchy and black as I instantly fall back down. Flopping on top of my bed groaning, and holding my head in pain. Slowly reopening my eyes I look to the side of me a girl who looks the about same age as me her medium length brown hair up in a bun twisted elegantly onto her head her warm brown eyes hidden by her bangs.