V1 Chap 8 : A Helping Hand.

Start from the beginning

I woke up this morning to a small message from Matsushita, requesting a meeting for what seems to be an urgent matter. She didn't seem to be worried about secrecy, so the cafeteria was the option we agreed upon.

However, just as I started walking close by, I spotted two more figures sitting on each side of hers in a close approximation, seemingly her companions. They all looked at me with gentle bright smiles as I kept approaching their table.

" Good morning Matsushita. " I slid off the chair and sat down, while placing my lunch box on top of the table. Matsushita nodded brightly at my monotonous greeting, before I shifted my gaze towards both of her companions. " Good morning to you too, Karuizawa and Sato. "

Similarly, the chair beside me also slid as an identical lunch box was placed horizontally on the same line as mine, as the chair slowly got occupied. All gazes were directed towards her as she started speaking, while I was unwrapping my lunch.

" Good morning Matsushita-san ! Sato-san ! and Karuizawa-san ! " Honami with her usual cheerful tone greeted all three of them as she sat on my left, with a beaming smile plastered on her face.

" Good morning to you too as well Ichinose-san ! and Ayanokouji-kun too ! Thank you for accepting my invitation and coming here. " Matsushita bowed down her head in gratitude.

" No worries. " Just when I said that, Matsushita raised her head and looked back at us again, with a warm smile on her face. " Anyways, why did you call me here Matsushita ? "

I decided to take the initiative and talk since I am the one Matsushita called for. Honami is pretty much a bystander, one who decided to just tag along. She quietly sat on her seat, observing our interaction while munching on her food.

" Firstly, before we start, I would like to apologize to you Ayanokouji-kun " Matsushita's warm smile suddenly vanished, as it got replaced by a serious one, seemingly getting down to business. I slightly cocked my head, showing my confusion to her. " I know I said that this is urgent, but it's actually a pretty selfish request of mine that I hope you'll hear out, Ayanokouji-kun "

" Hmm ? " It seems that Matsushita had to lie in order to ensure my presence in this meeting, whether it's actually trivial or not, this seems to be pretty important to her. " Well I guess that happened. Go ahead, I'm all ears. "

Matsushita's eyes brimmed with joy as a small smile crept back into her face, when I agreed to hear her request. Both of her friends also smiled, before allowing Matsushita to take the lead again.

" Great~! Thank you Ayanokouji-kun ! " Matsushita bowed her head again, which both of her friends mimicked. Before looking up and glancing at both of her sides. " Right, if it's not too much trouble

" Can you help me provide a partner for both Kei-chan and Maya-chan ? "

" Hmm ? " I furrowed my eyebrows at her, displaying my slight skepticism towards her request, while chewing down my food. Honami stopped eating as well, and emitted a similar reaction.

" You see, there are only 5 days left for the exam and most of Class D still haven't found any good partners, nor do we have the money to pay for some, since we've been on 0 points for ages now. " Matsushita explained sternly, with an apathetic expression plastered on her face. Grimace flashed on both of her friend's faces, causing them to slightly hung their head low as they listened to her attempts to save them. " However, I thought that you may try and help me look for partners since all the first-years are attracted towards the three upper-classes. I know this is selfish of me, since I'm asking you to help an enemy class, but please Ayanokouji-kun, help me save Kei-chan and Maya-chan. "

Matsushita bowed again. However, it was more deeply. Karuizawa and Sato followed suit, bowing their heads in front of me, begging for my cooperation. Unlike last time, their heads remained in the same spot, waiting for my next words.