Hopefully they would still be good, and she quickly moved to her bed, ransacking her purse trying to get ahold of the packet of biscuits.

"Give me a few seconds to put the tea kettle on..." She said, hurrying to the kitchen.

"Don't bother with any of that." He said, speaking for the first time and Madison froze in her footsteps.

"Oh! Well... you're my guest. Wouldn't you like some tea too?"

"I didn't come all the way here to eat or drink Madison." He snapped, making Madison look down at her feet, fingers folded together.

She always hated it when he used that harsh tone, and even though she thought after all this years she would have gotten used to it, she still hadn't. The tone was just similar to the one their fathers used, and it made her feel useless... like she was always doing something wrong.

Madison felt tears welling up in her eyes but she pushed them back, and in a shaking voice still desperate to change the subject she asked, "How are you doing? What about your wife and kids?"

Honestly, she couldn't care less about his family, as all she really wanted to know was why he was here, but then she had to take it slow.

One thing was obvious though... He wasn't here to check up on her or go easy with her. She knew that something really important must've happened for him to come all the way here, but what could that possibly be?

Whatever it was, by the looks of things didn't seem to good, and he didn't look so excited to be here either.

Ignoring her question perfectly, Mason tucked out a couple of magazine tabloids Madison had not noticed him holding before.

Cursing out incorrigibly, he flung the papers at Madison's feet, the cover openly displayed to reveal pictures of her and Damien.

Even as she stood, she could see it all. The disgrace at the dinner event. The club, the motel paparazzi pictures with Alvarez and as she stared at the tabloids, her lips fell open in shock.

No, no, no! This couldn't be happening.

How had they seen it? The tabloids had gotten to them as well, but how?

Madison shivered as she tried to imagine her father and brothers reactions when they first saw this. She shook her head repeatedly as she looked up from the tabloids to face her brother, "Mason... it's not what you think."

He shot her a disgusted look, his temples throbbing with anger "Really? It's not what I think? Well in that case please explain to me what the fuck is going on between you, and our family enemy? Damien fucking Daniels! It's bad enough that he's someone we despise, and then you went ahead to shamefully appear in these magazines disgracefully with him? Bloody hell!"

"It— it's not like that!" Madison cried, "You're taking it the wrong way. You have no idea what really happened and I can—"

"Shut the fuck up, Madison! Shut up!" He thundered, making her stagger backwards. Tears burned the back of her eyes, as she tried to regain her composure. How would she tell him everything that had truly happened if he wouldn't even let her speak?

"Why do you always have to be so stupid? Just tell me why?" Mason thundered again, "You know our family's history with him and yet you do this? You know we all hate him, and after all these years as if he hasn't put you to scorn, you allow him do this? Tell me, what are you two involved in? What business do you have with him?"

A tear dropped from Madison's eyes, "If you'd just let me explain..."

He scoffed, moving closer to her. "Don't you dare even think of pulling any stupid moves honestly!" His voice was low now and almost in a whisper he added, "If you so much as think about it, then just know we will cut you off for good. If there's still a drop of love and affection left for you anywhere in our family, I promise you it will die off completely."