38

Ava

Bucky was staring up at her with that intoxicating smirk and a dangerous glint in his eyes as he slowly peeled her leggings from her body. He didn't look anywhere but her eyes as he moved his hands down the backs of her thighs, massaging each inch of her skin gently. He watched her as her heart picked up its pace, and as she let out a shaking breath. He raised a cocky, self assured eyebrow when her fingers tightened on the t-shirt he was wearing and she whimpered slightly. 

He was moving so slowly. So slowly, and all she wanted was more: more of his touch, more of his smiles, more of his attention.

"Buck," she groaned as he moved closer, brushing his lips against her hip and pushing her t-shirt up, up, up. "Buck. I need to shower. We shouldn't - we - what..."

"Mhmm." He mumbled against her skin, still kneeling, his eyes now closed as his lips travelled slowly over her abdomen. "Shower. Yep."

His fingers tightened on her waist and he pulled her a step closer, humming contentedly as he nipped at her flesh.

"Buck."

She couldn't stop her smile when he pulled away slightly, instead leaning his forehead against her stomach and inhaling a deep breath, and she moved with ease, running her fingers through his hair.

"I do, you know," he whispered, so quiet she almost missed it. 

"Do what?" 

"Need you, Ava. I do need you. More than anything."

When he finally looked up at her again, his eyes were filled with every vulnerability he worked so hard to hide and Ava brushed her fingers along his jaw with tenderness.

"When I get up in the morning, I need to feel you in my arms. And when we're in the kitchen making breakfast, I need to hear that little grunt thing you do because you can't reach the bowls where I put them. When you go out on your run, I feel like I can't breathe until you're back in this house, safe and with me, because I need you like air, Ava. I need your constant defensiveness, and the way you only seem to stop being sarcastic when no one else is here. At night, when I can't stop thinking and... I need you, Ava. I never want you to doubt that. Okay?"

His words were a balm, soft and warm and soothing, and she nodded quickly, blinking away the moisture creeping into her vision.

"Okay," she managed to reply, before he pushed up from his kneeling position and wrapped his arms around her. 

Like that, enveloped in him, she took the time to breathe and to breathe easily. She didn't think of anything outside of this time, outside of his words, outside of the silence of the moment she was in now. His fingers trailed up and down her spine, gentle brushes of his love, and his cheek pressed against her head as he held her close, and Ava felt the pain of his confessions slowly leaving him with every second that they were connected. 

"Come on," he whispered after several silent moments. "Let's get you showered."

***

Bucky

When he stopped holding her, stepping away only to lean into the shower and turn it on, he felt her eyes on him. He felt her watch him as he pulled his t-shirt over his head and threw it towards the hamper, and as he unzipped his jeans and pushed them down to the ground. He felt her eyes on him as he kicked out of his boxer-briefs and as he shoved his hand under the water to check the temperature.

"Come on, sweetheart. Clothes off or I'll finish undressing you. And it won't be gentle this time." He grinned when he heard her gasp, followed by the distinctive sound of her clothes hitting the tiled floor. "Good girl. In, now."