After I ate and finished my comedy show I was watching, I turned off the TV, put my dishes in the sink and walked back to my futon, pushing it down to switch to its bed form. I grab my blankets and my pillow, laying down on the 'bed' and falling asleep.

A few days passed since the mysterious man came into my shop and I haven't seen any trace of him since, until today. He walked into my shop again, looking around at the flowers.

"Do you have lilacs?" He asks.

"Yes we do. Right over here." I say, walking over to the lilac display. He picks a few out, grabbing a small bundle before walking to the counter. I followed him, walking behind the counter and punching in the dozen lilacs he had gathered.

"That will be Forty-two dollars even." I say. "Would you like these made into a bouquet?" I ask.

"Yes, actually, that would help." He says, grabbing his card out of his wallet and entering it into the card reader. While he did that, I carefully tied the flowers together, grabbing a plastic bouquet wrapper and placing them in the water-filled bottom. I tie it all together with a ribbon, handing him the bouquet.

"Would you like your receipt?"

"No, thank you."

"Alright, thank you for stopping by, have a great day." I say, waving goodbye to the stranger. I look down at my right wrist, seeing my birthmark.

"What're you looking at, (Y/N)?" asks Triss.

"My mark... they say your birthmark is where your soulmate first touches you... So many people grab me by the wrist, but their hand prints never match up..."

"Well, I'm sure you'll find your soulmate... it just might not be who you're expecting." she says, punching out for the day.

"See you tomorrow, (Y/N)." She says. I nod and wave to her, walking to the door and locking it before walking back to the till, opening the drawer and grabbing out the money tray, walking to the back office to count the total for today.

ONce I finished my nightly tasks, I walked out the door, locking it back up, stepping away from the shop and walking around the corner to where I was parked. I didn't see the man or the woman but I saw the bike. I raise my brow, shrugging it off before continuing my walk to my car. I was suddenly pulled into an alley, the stranger having grabbed my left wrist to do so. I panic, reaching for my pepper spray with my free hand.

"Let... me... go!" I cry. The attacker only chuckles, throwing me into a corner, standing over me.

"No, sweet girl... you're mine." he says, undoing his belt buckle. Just as he was about to lean in to do unspeakable things to me, someone else came out of the blue, kicking the man in the abdomen. The man doubles over, coughing harshly. I look up to try and see the face of my savior, only to find darkness. I watch as the savior kicks and punches my attacker, beating him to a pulp until he was begging for mercy.

"Monsters like you don't deserve mercy." Growls a very familiar voice. I look up, the street light barely outlining my savior to reveal the man from earlier. He gives the attacker one last kick to the groin and nudges his prone form away with his boot.

"Excuse me, are you alright?" He asks, grabbing my right wrist and pulling me up. A feeling I can only explain as pins and needles shot up my arm from his touch, my eyes widening as I looked down to see that his hand matched up perfectly to my birthmark. I nod, steadying myself on my feet.

"Thank you... for saving me..." I whisper. The man nods.

"You're welcome." He grunts, leading me out of the alleyway. I clutch my purse strap, on edge now.