"Yes I did, my darling. We did it, my love" she replied weakly and her eyelids shut off shortly after she said that.

My forehead creased and panic hits me "Mine?" I called out but she didn't respond. I narrowed my gaze to the doctor, "Doctor? What is happening to my wife?".

"Nothing, she is only exhausted. She needs some rest" he answered.

My mind became at ease and I flashed him a brief smile "thank you".

"Please you can step outside while we clean up your wife and your children," he said and I nodded and walked out of the room with so much excitement.

"Buddy!" Antonio's voice startles me and I twirled to find him rushing down the hallway.

"I'm a father!" I exclaimed dramatically and embraced him. I couldn't care less if people were staring at us.

"Congratulations!" My buddy exclaims tapping my back. He released me and his brow raised "let me take a guess, it's a boy?"

I roared up into laughter. "It's a boy and a girl! My wife gave birth to twins!"

"No!" Antonio exclaims in disbelief and I chuckled even more.

"Yes, brother! Twins are all she gave me!" My excitement was so obvious in my voice.

"Congratulations once more!" He replied hugging me.

"I need to make some calls, please give a me minute" I requested and dig out my phone from my pocket.

"I need to also call my wife and let her know of the good news" he responded and I gave him a thumbs up as I heard my mom shriek from the phone.

"Mom, pack your backs and come to Madrid right this minute!" I ordered.

"My grandchild is here I suppose" I could hear the enthusiasm in her voice.

"You couldn't be wrong mother with your guessing. Is no longer a grandchild but grandchildren. My wife gave birth to twins, mom!"

"Wow! How amazing! Congratulations to you two! I'm taking the next available flight to Madrid right now".

"See you soon, mom".

Thereafter I made calls to my brother and then to Sabrina and Kim. Every one of them seems excited about the news and can't wait to fly down to Madrid.

**
A couple of hours later I was alone with my wife in the room. She was finally awake and I couldn't help but kiss her so passionately. " Thank you for giving me a twin".

"Thank God for giving us a twin, it wasn't my doing" she kissed my hand. "Please I want to see our babies.

"Certainly!" I rose to my feet and went to carry our children from the crib. First I carried our daughter and handed it to her, while I carried our son.

"Oh sweet little angel, you look so tiny and adorable" she touched her fingers and my baby stirs up.

I grin widely as I stared at both of them. I returned my gaze to my son, he was looking so adorable like his sister.

"Hey young Fernando, welcome to the world". I stared down at my wife and my daughter again. "Thank you so much, Micaela, for bringing these two beautiful babies to this world. Thanks for giving me a second version of you" I placed a kiss on her forehead and her cheeks.

"Thanks for giving me a second version of you too. I'm so happy to have the three of you in my life".

We stared down silently on our babies before I heard "So, tell me, what names should we give to our babies?"

"I thought you wanted Paloma and Diego?" I joked and she beams up with a smile.

"I was only kidding then, let's give our babies another name" she suggested.

"Okay...we can name the girl Miranda, I think it's a cute name for her" I replied.

"And the boy, how about Ferdinand? What do you say to that?" she smiles sheepishly at our son and touched his cheeks.

"Awesome name for our son" I answered and she giggles lightly.

"Thank you so much for starting a family with me, Micaela. You and I are going to care for our kids and they'll grow up to be nerds like us"- we both chuckled when I said that and I continued. "I love you so much, my diamond. Now and forever our story will be in the hearts of many" I scoot closer and place a kiss on her lips.

"I think is about time to complete the 'Shattered Hearts' story. Let's give the world something to talk about" she giggled and pecks me on my right cheek.

"Thank you for coming into my life, you bring me back to life from the wreckage of my past. I love you so much, Ferd".

"I love you even more. I don't regret loving someone like you" I replied and wrapped my right around her shoulder and pulled her to a side hug.

All relationships are a risk and they might hurt you. But they can also be the thing that can heal you. My advice to you is to take a chance. You are worthy of love.

THE END!

~~~~❤❤❤❤~~~~~

Finally! We came to an of this interesting story! I believe you enjoyed every episode! Thank you so much for being there from the beginning! Please vote, comment, and share this story. Your comments help me become a better writer.

I'd appreciate it if you can follow me with my username @maryel_73 to get updates of my latest stories. I'm currently working on a book titled 'Easily Erased' that I wouldn't want you to miss. So go ahead to my profile and hit the follow icon.

Thank you once more!

Love,

Maryel❤️