Episode 61

A
DIAMOND
💎
HEART

Episode 61

The playlist for this chapter is 'Beth Crowley - Perfect Doesn't Last' do enjoy 🎶🎶🎶

Fernando's POV Cont'd

My divorce? The press knew of my divorce? But how? I thought it was a secret between my family, my attorney, and the judge. How did it get leaked out?

"Son, what happened?"

"The press now knows about my divorce and they want to know the reason behind it".

"Oh no!"

"Sir, so it's true?" Araceli's voice rang in my ears.

She just reminded me the call was still ongoing. By the way, what's her concern with my personal life?

Gritting my teeth I told her "do not let me pass my aggression on you if not you'll regret it! Now, go back to the press and tell them I'll be with them shortly". I growled and dropped the call thereafter.

"How did this information got leaked to the press?" My dad dared ask me.

"How the hell would I know?! Maybe is my ex-wife doing, she wants to screw me over before I do her!"

"C'mon Fernando, stop saying that. Micaela can never go to the press to screw you over. What reason or benefit comes from doing that to you?"

"Ha! You are yet again defending her?-" I inquired and his eyes darted. "Do you know my pain?" I ask and he glanced back at me and shook his head. "My pain is that you all don't know what that woman is capable of and it hurts so badly".

"Why do you speak badly of her? Why do you suddenly hate her so much? Why are you letting your past control your future?"

"Why do you care, huh? Just because I made you my adopted father doesn't mean you should meddle into my personal life!"

Pedro narrowed his gaze at me and his face twitched in horror. His transformation was out of this world. I've never seen him like this in all the years he's been working for me. He looked pained and disappointed by what I just said to him.

Maybe I did cross the line after all.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for my words to come this harsh" I apologized with my head bowed low in guilt.

No doubt I'm overly paranoid with all the drama happening in my life right now, and I think take it out on those around me.

"It's okay, you are right though, I'm not your father so there's no point in me wanting to know what concerns your personal life".

"I don't mean it that way, a lot has been happening in my life lately and I don't know who I can rely on since all of you seem to be supporting Micaela over me".

"I think we should forget that and focus on the press now. What are you going to do with the press? Are you going to admit your divorce to them?"

I sigh heavily and fiddle with my beards. "I don't know what to say to them so they can get off my marital affairs".

"The only way to get them off is to deny you are not divorced".

"What?!" Bitter bewilderment of tremulous apprehension took control of me.

He shrugs "That's the only way to get them off because if you accept you are both divorced they'll request for a reason behind your divorce and I don't think is something you want to share with the public. Or do you want to do that?"