Episode 20

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 20

~Playlist for this chapter is 'Taylor Swift - Love Story' 🎶🎶 do enjoy

Fernando's POV

My trip back to Madrid was.... inexpressible. I was having mixed feelings about everything that had happened back in Seoul. How do I explain to Antonio that my mission to that place failed? And what reason do I have for my failed mission? I stared down at my wristwatch and it was 5 pm, my chauffeur Pedro was already waiting up for me here at the airport on my arrival.

He flashed me a wide smile and waved at me from the car park. I noticed he came with one of my favorite cars, my white Royce phantom. I returned his smile and walk a few meters toward him.

"Welcome back Boss Fernando" he greeted and took my bags from my hands.

"Thank you, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing great. I missed you, boss. The house was lonely and quiet without you in it" he continues and opens the backseat door for me to get in while he drops the bags in the car trunk and came back afterward. "I thought you said you were going to stay for just one night, what then happened? How was the business trip, did it go well?".

His questions brought back memories of the kiss Micaela and I shared a couple of hours ago and that sent shivers down my spine and I felt a jigged in my heart. I was in a dreamy silence for how long I couldn't tell until I heard my name. "Sir Fernando!" 

I snapped out of my thoughts and cocked my head to have a glimpse of him. "Oh sorry, I was just thinking of some things. What were you saying again?" I inquire hoping he wouldn't ask me the same question again.

"How was your business trip? You don't look so excited as you always do on your return from other trips. Is everything okay?".

Business trip? My brow twitched in confusion.  Oh! I forgot I lied to him I was going on a business trip to Seoul. I facepalm myself inwardly for being so forgetful.

Did he say I don't look enthusiastic right now? If this was coming from Mr. Pedro then I can't argue with him. He knows me too well, he knows my cheerful mood and my unhappy mood. He reads my every move and can tell when something goes wrong with me. He's just like a father who knows his son so well.

"And you even look like you haven't slept for days" he added while I was yet thinking of what to respond. I crinkled my brows at him in surprise at how he could be so right with his guesses.

I groaned aloud and rubbed my beads. "Mr. Pedro you're observing so many things right now that even I ain't sure of my well-being at the moment. Can you just take me home first and then we can talk about this later?".

"Yes, boss. Please get inside the car" he held the door open for me and I nodded and hopped in.

While on my way home, I put a call through to Antonio letting him know of my arrival. He insisted he comes over to my house and has a good chat with me. Despite the fact I was tired and needed to be alone, I accepted for him to come over but not to my house. I told him to meet me up at my hotel VVIP bar and we talk over there.

I needed to visit my hotel and know how things I've been going since my absence, so having Antonio there with me is better than staying at home thinking about her.

"You seem so quiet boss, is everything okay?" Pedro asks glancing at me through the rearview mirror.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine. I'm just tired. I got so busy over there that I forgot to sleep" I replied and glance out through the window.