Episode 60

A
DIAMOND
💎
HEART

Episode 60

The playlist for this chapter is 'Lewis Capaldi - Before you go' do enjoy🎶🎶🎶

Micaela's POV Cont'd

Antonio drove me back to Ferd's mansion which was meant to be my home if not that I'm an unfortunate being. Nothing good comes to me and even if it does, it doesn't last, that's how my life is right from my childhood. Some things never change you know.

"Thank you, Antonio, I'll take it from here" I unbuckle the seatbelt and grabbed my purse.

"Are you sure you'll be fine alone or do you need me to accompany you inside?"

"No, there's no need for that, I can take care of myself. The least that could happen to me is death, and I'm not afraid of it".

"Oh Micaela, you shouldn't utter such a word as death. Nothing is going to happen to you, you'll be fine you'd see. Fernando's mom is a good woman, she won't hurt you and I don't think she'll allow her son to hurt you either".

"I hope so, thanks for everything. I'll keep in touch with you before I return to Seoul".

"You can count on me for anything" he touched my hand and I nodded slightly.

I opened the car door and stepped out of the car. "What's going to happen to your luggage at the hotel?" he asks as I was about to shut the door closed.

"I'll pick it up when I'm done here" I replied and shut the door closed. He waved at me as I walked into Ferd's mansion and I waved back.

Despite all the heartaches I'm going through, there's only one thing I'm happy about...and that is the fact that the press I've not found out about our divorce. Because if they had, the whole world must have known about it. May God not let that happen to me because I won't be able to breathe fine if it happens.

"Micaela!" Ferd's mom squeals from the doorstep with arms wide open and I could see a smile on her face. Is she really happy to see me? I approached her and she hugged me so close. I didn't know what else to do but to hug her back.

"I've missed you so much. How are you doing, my girl? I don't want to imagine what you must have been going through. Being divorced isn't a child's play, it triggers insomnia, loss of appetite, depression, and much more bad stuff".

"I... I'm fine" I stuttered with my gaze staring down to my feet.

"No, you are not fine. Don't lie to me, I'm like a mother to you, so you should open up to me. I've been through divorce and the experience isn't funny" she held my hands and tilt my chin up.

By now tears have blurred my vision "I can't take it anymore, mom". I broke down into sobs and hugged her for comfort. "I'm so tired of life mom, I just want to die so everyone will be happy" I muffled.

"Shhh, don't say that again. You are not dying, no one is dying. I'll help you get through this, I promise" she comforted me but I knew those were empty promises. I pulled away from her and shook my head.

"There's absolutely nothing you can do, your son wants me to go to jail even when he knows I'm carrying his child!" I yelled and she gasps with wide eyes.

Silence, deafening silence erupted in between us. Wait, what did I just say? I gape at her and shook my head trying to denounce what I just said.

"I...sorry that's not true I'm not carrying his child".

"You...you are carrying my grandchild?" she asks with a beaming smile and I shook my head for the umpteenth time.

"No, no. No child, I was just...."