"And since (Y/N), the Lucky Ladybug, has emerged unvictorious yet again, it seems our friend here, who relied on her prowess, is about to meet his end." The host's words sent a chill down my spine as the gravity of the situation sank in. "But before we bid him farewell, let's send him off with a little music, shall we?"

I turned my head slowly as the curtain parted, revealing a sinner suspended midair, his terrified screams echoing through the room. My stomach churned as a massive electric saw descended from above, its gleaming surface casting the eerie glow of angelic steel in the dim light. The music began, a haunting melody that set the stage for the gruesome spectacle about to unfold.

As the saw slowly descended towards the helpless sinner, I felt a wave of revulsion wash over me. It was one thing to take a life for what I believed to be a just cause, but this... this was senseless cruelty, a depraved display of power and sadism. The screams of the sinner pierced the air, mingling with the sickening sound of his flesh being torn apart.

I closed my eyes tightly, unable to bear witness to the grotesque scene unfolding before me. The squelching of skin being rent asunder, the desperate pleas for mercy, the sickening splatter of organs... it was too much to bear. I gagged, bile rising in my throat as the stench of blood and death filled the air. In that moment, I felt a profound sense of disgust and guilt wash over me. This was not justice, it was barbarism.

As the music faded and the curtains closed, obscuring the gruesome scene behind them, the casino staff moved swiftly to clean up the mess left behind.

I was called up to face Reginol alongside the top player I had just competed against. Despite my stiff legs protesting every step, I made my way to the VIP area, determined to confront whatever awaited me.

"What a boring performance," Reginol drawled, his gaze piercing as he leveled a pointed stare in my direction. "And here I thought your stage name would live up to expectations."

"But I..." I began to protest, but the words caught in my throat. What was the point of defending myself? Deep down, I knew something was amiss. My luck with cards had never failed me before, and yet after playing in this establishment, it had deserted me entirely.

My heart sank as Reginol handed a suitcase full of cash to my competition as her prize. I gulped, my eyes fixed on the substantial sum of money she now possessed.

"It's such an honor working with you," she said, her words dripping with insincerity as she glanced in my direction. Her fake appreciation grated on my nerves, and I could feel the weight of her victory pressing down on me, taunting me with its tantalizing allure. It was as if she knew exactly how much I coveted the wealth she now flaunted so brazenly before me.

"Tomorrow, you'll be facing off against each other again, as the lowest rung in my list of players," he sneered, his words stripping away any semblance of dignity I had left. The smirk on my opponent's face faltered, mirroring the bitterness that twisted my own features. "I'd say I expect a good game play... But I doubt that with such low-level skill as yours," he added, the disdain evident in his tone as he directed his barbs at me.

Reginol's words cut through me like a knife, his contemptuous dismissal of my abilities serving as a brutal reminder of my current standing in his eyes. I felt my cheeks burn with humiliation as he openly ridiculed me in front of my peers.

Exiting the establishment, with Husk silently trailing behind me, I couldn't shake off the feeling of defeat that clung to me like a heavy cloak. It was a rare occurrence for me to be subjected to such treatment, not with Don Cornell ensuring fairness and integrity for as long as I had resided in this unforgiving realm of hell. But now, standing in the shadow of Reginol's disdain, I couldn't help but wonder if my days of standing tall were just the last silver lining I had managed to fuck up entirely.