CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Start from the beginning

"Yes. We are stepping out for a bit," he replied, intertwining his hand with mine. Daniel looked at our hands with a serious look on his face that made me feel like pulling my hand away from his but, quickly smiled.

"Be back by 6," he was still smiling and even waved at us.

Zylan handed me his keys and said, "I don't feel like doing anything today."

I scoffed and then smiled, unlocking the white BMW.

"Since you don't feel like doing anything today, I'll be in control of everything including the music we listen to," I smirked as I connected my phone to the car's radio via Bluetooth. I put my seat belt on and started the car.

"Your taste in music is ridiculous," he commented as the song Trip by Ella Mai was playing.

"Shhh," I shushed him as I drove out of the yard, getting on the main road, "don't annoy me today. Your birthday might become your death day." He laughed at my warning.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I don't know," he shrugged, "wherever the wind leads us."

"Tell me where you want to go. It's not like a tornado will take you where you want to go."

He laughed at my comment and then said, "just take me anywhere you want to go."

The car had become too quiet for a moment as Zylan played on his phone so I opened the car's roof so I could annoy him. He always hated having the roof open for some reason.

"Zylith!" He exclaimed, "close it!"

I laughed and stepped on the gas pedal, increasing the velocity of the car. I increased the volume and kept my eyes on the road as he nagged. He eventually got tired of fighting with me and let me be.

He surprised me when the song Harleys in Hawaii by Katy Perry played and he sang along. He knew all the lyrics from the beginning to the end. He bit his lip and gazed at me seductively while singing. It made me laugh.

Being able to witness such a moment felt like winning a lottery. Why? Because Benjamin had told me that Zylan never acted like that around people other than his family. He was always as cold as stone around them but around me, he was different.

While many people saw a rude ruthless narcissist who condoned no nonsense in him, all I saw was a little boy who just wanted love and attention just like every human.

"Let me run my fingers through your salty hair

Go ahead, explore the island vibes

So real that you can feel it in the air

I'm revvin' up your engine

I'll be your baby, on a Sunday

Oh, why don't we get out of town? (Why don't we get out of town?)

Call me your baby, catch the same wave

Oh, no, no, there's no slowin' down (Let's go)

You and I, I

Ridin' Harleys in Hawaii-i-i

I'm on the back, I'm holdin' tight, I Want you to take me for a ride, ride

When I hula-hula, hula

So good, you'll take me to the jeweler-jeweler, jeweler (Jeweler)

There's pink and purple in the sky-y-y

We're ridin' Harleys in Hawaii-i-i," he sang along while I laughed.

I slowed down the car as we approached the mall. He smiled at me as I parked the car, covering the car with it's roof.