For the second time, I was confused.

What in the hell is she?

Turns out, she has a modelling agency and she's offering me to be a model.

And that's the history of me working for her. It's the reason why I don't like her. Yes, I accepted her offer but still, ayaw ko pa rin sa kaniya dahil ang pangit ng ugali niya!

Hindi ko alam kung bakit gano'n siya mag-offer. Abot lang ng calling card sabay talikod. But the other models told me she didn't approach them that way.

She approached them nicely! Bakit ako hindi?

"Very good, girls! You can have your break now!" Raya pulled me back into reality. She looked at us. "Your turn!"

My brows met. "Agad?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Walang rest? I mean . . . ikaw? Hindi ka magpapahinga?"

She shook her head and motioned her hands for us to make a line. "Hindi naman ako 'yong dalawang oras na naka-heels at rumampa nang paulit-ulit. I'm not tired."

I wanted to reply pero tinikom ko na ang bibig ko. Hinayaan ko na lang siya sa trip niya sa buhay.

Ever since I've known her, she's already like that. It is as if her life revolves in her work. I noticed that she keeps on making herself busy and that she doesn't have time for other things . . . to enjoy and explore life.

I roamed my eyes around the studio. I heard she used her last money on this and risked. Wala akong alam sa kaniya, basta ang alam ko lang masura talaga ugali niya.

We formed a line and walked one by one. Diretso lang ang tingin niya, mula ulo hanggang paa naghahanap siya ng mali. Kapag perfect, wala man lang nagbabago sa expression niya. Kapag may mali, parang magpapalit na sila ng mukha ng dragon.

When it's my turn, I walked gracefully and turned my expression like I'm murdering someone. She said we should look powerful when we're walking . . . that we own the floor we are stepping to . . . and that the sound of our clicking heels on the floor screams elegance and boldness.

I was already in the middle when someone came in. I stumbled in surprise when I finally saw who just entered.

The man just flashed an amused smile when he saw how much he affected me the moment that our eyes locked in each other.

I was halted for a moment, and looked away when I realized I've been frantically looking at him for five seconds.

I haven't accepted his friend request and follow request to me since the night that we saw each other again.

It's been three weeks!

"Therene!"

And that's when the cat learned how to roar.

I looked at Raya and saw how her face crumpled in exasperation.

"Balik sa likod. Uulit ka!" sigaw niya, galit talaga.

I rolled my eyes at her and turned my back. Eksaherada akong bumuntong-hininga kahit ako naman ang may mali.

It was his fault. What is he doing here anyway? I can't imagine him liking this kind of craft or . . .

I shrugged it off.

I tried my best not to look at him even though I felt his eyes staring at me. I hate how he made me feel suddenly conscious of myself.

Sinubukan kong huwag siyang pansinin kahit alam kong nasa akin lang ang tingin niya. Tapos na silang lahat at ako lang ang kailangang umulit.

Diretso akong tumingin sa harap at sinikap na huwag mapatingin sa lalaking nagdudulot ng kakaibang pakiramdam sa sistema ko ngayon kahit na wala naman siyang ginagawa.

He's just standing there, staring intently at me and watching how I will embarrass myself, back is slightly inclined on the mirror while his arms are in a cross. One foot stepped forward and the other one was resting on the mirror, too.

Think murder . . .

Think murder . . .

Think murder . . .

I made it until in front, when I turned my back, I heard him chuckle.

"Shut up, Jairus Mikael!" I heard Raya scold him. "Umaano ka ba rito?"

Yeah. That was my question, too.

I'm also confused. Yesterday, it was the youngest Villaverde who came to fetch Raya. Ngayon naman, siya ang nandito!

So, sino sa dalawa?

Ha! The hell I care?!

"Girls, you may go home. Perfect na," baling ni Raya sa amin nang hindi siya sagutin no'ng isa.

I threw a glance at him before getting my things to change clothes in the comfort room. I just changed into high waisted maong shorts and white fitted top na naka-tuck in na sa shorts ko ngayon. Then I wore my favorite white chunky shoes pagkatapos ay lumabas na.

Nandoon pa rin siya at magkausap silang dalawa ni Raya. Akmang lalampasan ko na sana sila dahil hindi ko naman ugaling magpaalam sa bruha kapag uwian na, nang bigla na lang akong hawakan sa braso ni Jairus.

"Therene, right?" he asked, a smile rose on his lips.

"Kylei," I corrected-even though either of the two is my name-and looked at his hand that's still holding my arm.

"Yeah, Therene Kylei De Vega. It's your name!" He let go of my arm.

The smile didn't leave his lips. It's still there, and I don't know what is it for.

"It is. But please, just call me Kylei and not Therene." My gaze turned to Raya who's just listening to us. "I hate being called Therene by the people who weren't close to me."

She chuckled, and so he did, too. I felt like they are laughing at me kaya pakiramdam ko'y hindi na maganda ang timpla ng mukha ko ngayon.

Is there something funny to laugh at?

They like calling me Therene. My family who were the only ones who call me that, and they have the right.

"Kylei is nice, but I like Therene more because it's unique," he uttered.

I raised an eyebrow. "Did I ask?"

Tumawa lang ulit siya.

He's being antipathetic and I hate it so much!

It's a good thing I didn't accept him.

He looks like a freaking idiot to me!

"I just want to ask why you're still not accepting my friend request on Facebook? I also followed you on Instagram but you're still not approving my follow request."

"Do I have any reason to accept you? Bakit? Sino ka ba?" Sarkastiko akong tumawa. "I'm sorry, but I only accept those people that I know, and I don't know you, so you're going to stay there until you decide to delete it kasi hinding-hindi kita i-a-accept."

Inirapan ko pa ulit siya bago ako tuluyang umalis sa harap nila at lumabas na ng studio.

The rumor is really true! Lahat silang magkakapatid ay pangit ang ugali at mga antipatiko!

Lalo na si Cairus! I still can't forget how my best friend followed him in everywhere he goes when we were high school tapos gustong-gusto naman niyang hinahabol siya!

'Yong kaibigan ko naman, tanga rin!

Perhaps it's really true that they really think highly of themselves . . . that they're above anyone else just because they're filthy rich and they have everything everyone would wish for.

I just hope someone will come into their life and will make them realize that they're not that someone they think they are.

They are not superior, no matter how wealthy they are.

I hate them!

I'm sure, and I really do swear! They will really have their disastrous karma!

Iiyak din silang tatlong magkakapatid!