He's had worse pt. 2

Start from the beginning

Clint peeks his head around the corner.
"I saw that bruise. What was up with that?"

Tony didn't know how to answer at first. It's not exactly his place to say. Though, he can't dwell on it more than a few seconds because Peter beats him to it.

"Bad Patrol night. I had, uh, turned the baby monitor thingy off and... yeah." His voice sounds a little gravely but he throws in a smile that seems so lax and practiced that it makes Tony feel sick.
"I didn't wanna say anything but... obviously I was found out."

"Yeesh. I'd avoid it too if it was called baby monitor," he teases, ignoring Tony's grumbling protest. "Feel better though, kid. We've got dinner going right now so come join. If it's ok with your uncle."

"Y-yeah. See you Mr. Barton."

"...Kid," Tony whispers when the man leaves. "Not that we have to tell them immediately but... We can't just keep this secret, ok?"

Peter sighs. "But, why?"

"Pete he hurt you."

He flinches.

"He can't get away with this."

"...Ok."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tony," Steve says. They'd turned a corner away from the kid so they could talk. "Is Peter's uncle ok with him staying over?"

He has this burning, guilty urge to tell his teammate but... it wasn't his place. Peter wasn't comfortable with it yet.

"Yeah," he replies, forcing a smile. "Yeah he- uh- we already asked."

"Really? Last time you came home, you were fuming about how awful he was. He didn't exactly seem like a type that would let him-"

"He gave us the ok, Steve. No worries."

"...Ok Tony. G'night."

"Night."

This feels wrong. All of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For once, Tony doesn't know what to do. He truly has no clue what choice to make next. Call the police? CPS? Leave it alone and practically kidnap the kid? He doesn't know.

Peter doesn't want to do anything about it and he can't figure out how to convince him. He won't say anything to the team and he hasn't contacted his uncle as far as he knows.

He tries to talk to him.

"No Tony."

"Kid," he says, exasperatedly. "We have to do something. The team is confused because they thought he was strict. Now, you're staying the weekend. Oh also, legally, I have kidnapped you."

"What do you mean? I came here willingly."

"Your uncle can call the police."

"He won't."

"Really?"

"Yeah he doesn't want me. We don't talk a lot anyway he probably didn't even notice I was gone. And- and if you don't want me to stay I can just-"