"Well, I'm carrying a lethal weapon. If I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries."

"If you think getting rid of contractions in all your sentences makes your argument any more legitimate, you are wrong."

Dispatch said, "Unit one, do you copy?"

"Sorry," Stiles apologized.

Sheriff Stilinski picked up the walkie. "Unit one, copy."

"Got a report of a possible 187."

"A murder?" Stiles asked.

They made their way to the crime scene.

"Stay here. Paul, let's get this area locked up."

"Oh, no way," Stiles commented, seeing the scene.

"Why the hell can't I just go home?" Jackson wondered. "I'm fine."

"I hear ya, but the EMT says you hit your head pretty hard," Sheriff Stilinski replied. "They just wanna make sure you don't have a concussion."

"What part of "I'm fine" are you having a problem grasping? Okay, I wanna go home. Shouldn't you be checking on someone else?"

"And I understand that. I will in a moment."

"No, you don't understand, which kind of blows my mind, since it should be a pretty basic concept to grasp for a minimum-wage rent-a-cop like you! Okay, now, I wanna go home!"

"Oh, whoa, is that a dead body?" Stiles questioned.

"Everybody back up," the sheriff instructed. "Back up."

Stiles stepped closer to the body and noticed Maggir lying on the gurney. He rushed up to her and asked, "Maggieare you okay? What happened? Oh, God, you're bleeding. That looks bad. Are you okay?"

Maggie asked in a slurred tone, "Where's my brother?"

I don't know. Maggie, are you okay?"

"Where's my brother?"

He glanced back. "Uh, your brother's talking to my dad."

Her eyes began closing and she muttered, "I'm sleepy."

"Maggie, you need to stay awake. Hey, insult or sass me."

Maggie mumbled and her eyes closed.

Stiles instantly checked her pulse and brushed her hair back. "Please, Maggie. I can't lose you." He lifted her shirt slightly to look at her bandaged wound. "I hope that's not too bad."

EXT. ROOFTOP

"Starting to get it?" Derek asked.

"Uh, I get that he's killing people, but I don't get why," Scott replied. "I mean, this isn't standard practice, right? We don't go out in the middle of the night murdering everyone, do we?"

"No. We're predators. We don't have to be killers."

"Then why is he a killer?"

"That's what we're gonna find out."

As they left, the spiral mark glowed red on the roof.

INT. DEREK'S HOUSE

"You know, I have a life too," Scott said.

"No, you don't," Derek told him.

"Yes, I do! I don't care what you say about making me his pet or-"

"Part of his pack."

"Whatever. I have homework to do. I have to go to a parent/teacher conference tomorrow because I'm failing Chemistry."

"You wanna do homework? Or do you wanna not die? You have less than a week until the full moon. You don't kill with him, he kills you."