8 ~ Meeting Again

Zacznij od początku

"Pearl, could you destroy the chains? I don't think they should stay here any longer." Xisuma said, turning to xyr friend.

When she spoke, Xeqlua felt pain spread through him.

...

"⊣∷╎ᔑリ! Wait up!" !¡ᒷᔑ∷ꖎ yelled. "⋮╎ᒲᒲ|| and ᒲᔑ∷ℸ ̣ ||リ are being slow!"

⊣∷╎ᔑリ laughed. His wings spread and he began flapping his wings to keep him suspended. "Tell them to hurry up or I'm leaving!"

"⊣∷╎ᔑリ!" !¡ᒷᔑ∷ꖎ laughed. ⋮╎ᒲᒲ|| and ᒲᔑ∷ℸ ̣ ||リ just grumbled as they caught up with him.

"Not my fault your an eagle! You fly faster then an elytra with fifty rockets!" ᒲᔑ∷ℸ ̣ ||リ said.

"Learn to fly ᒲᔑ∷ℸ ̣ ||リ, maybe then I'll accept that excuse!"

"⊣∷╎ᔑリ!" They yelled, laughing.

"Anyways, the spot the ᒷ⍊𝙹ꖎ⚍ℸ ̣ ╎𝙹リ╎ᓭℸ ̣ ᓭ are meeting up is just ahead. You can rest your weak Canary and Mocking Bird wings there."

"And my Moth?" !¡ᒷᔑ∷ꖎ asked.

"What?"

Pearl stared at him confusedly. "Did you forget that I'm a Moth, Griba?"

...

Xeqlua threw himself up and out of the bed, and toward the window. Just ahead. We're meeting just ahead.

Throwing himself through the window, his wings caught the wind. He didn't know what happened, but he knew he needed to find them.

Landing in the set clearing, he stared at the statue and stone floorinh He didn't think those had been there before?

Walking closer, he brought his wings around himself, these clothes were thin and the wind and rain was freezing.

When had it started raining?

His wings were soaked, it wasn't much help.

The Statue was of Five People.

Looking to the name plate, he read it confusedly.

"To Those Who We Lost, You Will Be Found." Along with a list of names on the plate itself, but the names continued on the stone floor.

Bigbst4, InTheLittleWoods, SolidarityGaming, NettyPlays, and...

"...Grian." He said, softly. "...thats... ⊣∷╎ᔑリ."

Rain fell faster and harsher at the name, soaking him to the soul. It was as if it was connected to that name-

He stared at the floor as he read names. He had to see...

Biffa, Salted, Dream, Badboyhalo, Skeppy, Technoblade, Philza, and many more laid in stone as he ran around searching. Never pausing for a second.

Until, a shout came from the forest around.

He turned and saw the same person as before. Her moth wings extended in panic, but she was soaking. She saw him and her eyes warmed then she began running to him, and he immediately felt panic fill him.

Thunder echoed loudly around him.

"Grian!" Pearl yelled.

"Stay back!" He yelled, fear filled his eyes. He knew what would happen. Natural Deaths would cause Permadeath. Lightning would-

"Grian!" Pearl yelled once more.

He pushed Pearl back using his magic, and he felt a shiver run up his spine as he felt it begin. He blinked as pain flooded him, and he saw the panic on Pearl, and the shield shatter.

...

The ᒷ⍊𝙹ꖎ⚍ℸ ̣ ╎𝙹リ╎ᓭℸ ̣ ᓭ  sat waiting for them. The green clothes blonde wrapped his arms around ℸ ̣ ᔑ⚍∷ℸ ̣ ╎ᓭ , and they held eachother tightly.

"Ooo~ Lovebirds!" ᓭᓵ𝙹ℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ teased.

"Like ℸ ̣ ╎ᒲᒲ|| hanging off you?" ⊣∷╎ᔑリ teased.

"Shut up!" ᓭᓵ𝙹ℸ ̣ ℸ yelled.

...

Xeqlua sat up quickly and his eyes washed over the room. The lady - Pearl was it? - sat in a chair, likely asleep.

He threw the blankets off and then his legs over the side. He stood up and immediately hit the ground. He stared confusedly while Pearl rushed over and checked him for injury.

"What happened to me?" Xeqlua asked, Pearl helping him up from the floor and onto the bed.

"...when you." Pearl started, sitting beside her brother, she sighed before speaking. "When you pushed me back with that shield, you weren't able to make one around you... The lightning... From what Doc and Keralis could see, your paralyzed from the waist down..."

Xeqlua looked at his lightning scarred leg. His wings folded against his back as he felt tears swell up. His hands held the bottom of his shorts tightly, while he tried to make his legs move.

"...I can't walk...?"

Pearl shook her head and tightened her hold around Xeqlua's waist. He supposed it was meant to be comforting, but with how little he remembered it was more of a painful reminder that he'd lost himself. His true self.

...

"Grian...?" Pearl said, looking at G. "...what did...?"

Grian lowered his head and he held his sweater tightly, he stared down at his legs as he thought. Grian wanted to run from this conversation, but he wouldn't be able. "...I... I don't remember anything before... before the Watchers... even that's hazy."

Pearl rested her hand on Grian's. "It's... It's alright... We don't... You don't need to remember. I can bring you in on some things if you'd like, but you don't have to remember. You can start over."