7 ~ The Childhood He Forgot

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Xeqlua, do you want to go see our admin?" Doc asked.

Grian tilted his head. "...what... What's all your names?"

"I'm Doc, and this is my friend Zedaph." Doc said, smiling to Grian. "And our admin is named Xisuma."

"Xisuma?" Grian asked. "X-eye-zoom-a."

Doc snickered. "Yeah. X-eye-zoom-a."

...

Xisuma blinked at Grian, and Grian giggled before wrapping his arms around the Voidkin. "Uh, Hiya?"

Grian looked up and his eyes sparkled with interest and mischievous thoughts. It was so similar to the older version of Grian.

"Hi." Grian said softly. "Do you have moss? You smell like moss... and skelies. Is that real bones?"

Xisuma blinked under xyr mask but hesitantly answered. "I don't have moss, but I'm sure yo- my friend Sun has some he'd let you have. I smell like moss and bones? And no these aren't real." The lie to protect the child was short.

"Sun?" Grian asked. "That's a weird name. But Papa is named Salted."

Xisuma glanced up at Doc, seeing him and Zed shrugging. "How about we go get moss? Why do you want it anyway?"

Grian blinked before letting go of Xisuma. "Moss?" Grian bit his lip. "I dunno... Nei said I'm like a bird. I like moss though. I like it alot."

...

After pleading the gremlin with pranks and coloring books - somehow Grian got red on his sweater without having a red marker - Grian fell asleep in Doc's arms. Humming to himself what sounded like a lullaby - knowing Grian it might be him threatening to prank them.

They - half the hermits - were trying to figure out what was going on with Grian and Xeqlua. Was Grian actually Xeqlua and he ran away? Why would he run away? Was he kidnapped? Who would kidnap Xeqlua, the child was literally known as the Demonic Prankster of Crafted.

Pearl held Grian as she spoke. "Isuma, Grian and I met at seven... We were really close. Close enough he mentioned a few things to me."

"Go on." Xisuma turned to Pearl.

Pearl nodded. "Grian had a scar around the side of his head, and didn't remember anything from before he was six."

Grian shifted in her hold, but stayed asleep. Xisuma pulled xyr helmet off and ran xyr hand through xyr hair.

"Do we want to message Salted about it? How long does the potion last?" Xisuma asked.

"We don't know." Doc shrugged. "Grian was testing it."

Xisuma sighed and shook xyr head. "I'll message him."

...

Xeqlua pulled the moss blanket around himself tightly, he couldn't say he wasn't comfortable, but it wasn't the best. While Nei used to tease him about being so clingy, Papa would hold him in the blanket.

He didn't know where he was either, or how he got here. Last he remembered, Blue was holding him while Papa, Nei, Jum, and Qc went on a business trip and wouldn't be back in a week. He wanted Papa and Blue. They were his favorites.

"Can I pick you up?" Doc asked, knocking on a portion of the wall.

Perhaps Doc was as comfortable as Jum? Both were the fuzzies. Xeqlua nodded as he spoke. "...uh-huh."

"Okay." Doc walked closer to Xel and picked the mossy blanket bundle up.

...

Salted sighed as he stared at Xisuma. He was only here because of the Hermit's reputation. They wouldn't lie like this, apparently, although not much was known about the Hermits. They were called Hermits for a reason.