It felt like a slow-motion video when my eyes landed on her angelic face with her brown hair falling on her face and her lips with a big smile.

I stopped my actions pulling her towards me with my hands on her waist but quickly brought my arms back to my side.

Our thighs were touching with the proximity between us. But If I could I wouldn't mind bringing her on my lap. She didn't look uncomfortable with our current proximity.

"Why were you ignoring me?" I have so many questions but I felt this held my priority right now.

I wanted to know why Chris talked to her. but bringing him up right now will ruin the little moment between us. I'll just ask her about him later.

Her blush deepened when she saw how close we sat.

"Because I was mad at you." she poked my chest with her index shrugging her shoulders.

"Why?" I asked knowing the reason all too well.

"I think you know. Don't you?" she squinted her eyes.

Of course, I knew.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

Although it wasn't the best flex, I never apologized before her. But for her, I'd do things I never did.

She stared at my face thinking. After what felt like hours she finally spoke.

"It's ok." She spoke giving me a small smile.

"Don't ever ignore me again, Lauren." I spoke staring at her hard. She sighed looking at my reaction.

"Fine."

My eyes roamed her face and I wanted her to start talking because I missed her babble.

Our moment was broken when the door burst open and entered Luca.

"I'm sorry." he spoke staring at us.

"What do you want, Luca?" I snapped at him for disturbing us.

Not to mention, Luca being extra sweet towards Lauren irritated me.

"The investors are waiting for you." he spoke and I nodded.

"I'm coming."

***

When I returned to the meeting room, Chris was already there sitting in front of them.

"Yes, Mr Vincenzo," I spoke.

"Well, Mr Kingston, we have come to a decision. The proposal for this project is good. We are ready to invest. But we think it would be beneficial if you and Mr Hudson allied." Mr Vincenzo spoke after discussing with other investors.

When he looked at my frown he further continued.

"Mr Kingston, Kingston industries are prominent for their brilliant designs and manifesting, whereas Mr Hudson's company is well known for their quality supplies. If you two can have a business deal, it would benefit us all three parties." He finished.

I turned towards Chris and he sat with an emotionless face as usual.

"Well, we'll make a move now. let us know later if you are both ready for any alliance together." They left leaving Chris and Ethan alone.

I stayed for a moment thinking about their proposal. It sure is beneficial for us all.

After they left, Chris abruptly stood up. He eyed his anger at me for a good minute before walking away.

I rolled my eyes at his arrogant self before walking out to find Lauren, not like I'm any less arrogant than him but still.

***