Chapter 13

Ethan

I took a glance at my watch to see it is almost seven.

I was dressed in a black tuxedo, waiting for Lauren to show up as we are already late for the party.

The party is held by one of my business partners and he is one of my important shareholders, so I can't avoid the party.

Moreover, Mr Jordan wanted me to come with my wife.

It's a private party with only a few important business people, so there will be no media, which is somewhat a relief.

I checked my watch again and saw that she has been getting ready for almost an hour now.

When I heard the door click, I looked up to see Lauren coming out slowly.

My eyes widened visibly when I saw her in that fitted maroon cocktail dress that reached her mid-thigh. It was looking elegant on her making her look magnificent.

I blinked my eyes coming out from her thoughts when she snapped her fingers in front of me.

Her scent of fresh strawberries along with lavenders filled my nose.

"How do I look?" she asked me showing her dress.

Beautiful.

I took a step near her and moved closer to her and blood rushed to her face when she saw me approaching.

"You look.." I whispered breathing her scent and she gulped.

'Gorgeous' that's what I wanted to say but I obviously didn't.

"Awful." That was a lie. I said and moved back to see her facial expression.

She gritted her teeth and glared at me.

"You look horrible too." She retorted and stormed out.

I smirked at her leaving form but followed her.

I got into the driver's seat and she sat in the passenger seat.

I started the car and soon we are on our way to the party.

I couldn't help but take glances at her on the way when she is looking outside.

The colour of the dress appreciated her well.

When we finally reached, I got down and opened the door for her and we both made our way towards the party hall.

"Mr. Kingston. You are here." Mr. Jordan and his wife came to greet us.

"Mr. and Mrs. Jordan," I said shaking their hands.

"This is my wife, Lauren." I said and Lauren gave them a smile shaking their hands.

"Nice to meet you," Lauren said and they both greeted her as well.

We all entered the party hall and Mrs. Jordan wasted no time taking Lauren along with her.

Lauren turned towards me and she looked slightly pale might be due to nervousness.

I wanted to assure her but Mrs. Jordan dragged her already to the other ladies.

"Mr. Kingston." Someone called me from behind and I turned back to see Mr. Romano.

Mr Romano. Lauren once accidentally spilt coffee on him when he came to our office.

"Mr. Romano." I greeted him back.

"What is that bitch doing here? I thought you would fire her by now." He said looking mad addressing Lauren.