Chapter 12

Lauren

It was the following day after the dinner.

Sarah, Leah, and I are currently sitting in the cafeteria having our lunch.

In these past few days, we have become very good friends.

"I think I'm going to quit the job," Leah spoke placing her hand on the chin with a pout.

"What?"

"Why?" Sarah and I asked at the same time

"I don't know? I feel like I'm back in my university time where I just wanted to drop out of the university and just do nothing." Leah spoke with a sour face.

"I thought I was the only one. University is horrible to everyone? I didn't know that." I said munching my fries.

"Everybody must have thought of dropping from college at least once in their life," Leah spoke.

"Who doesn't?" I agreed.

"I didn't want to drop from college," Sarah spoke turning our heads towards her.

"Why?" I and Leah asked at the same time.

"University wasn't that hard for me." Sarah shrugged eating her sandwich.

"I bet you are that one student who is the smartest in the whole university. Right?" Leah asked rolling her eyes.

"Well, you could say that." She shrugged.

Leah and I faced each other with widened eyes.

"Were you in any relationships back in the past?" Leah asked suddenly.

"I did. but he broke up with me in a week" Sarah answered.

"What? Why?"

"No, I'm not saying the reason. Because I'm sure you will make fun of it for the rest of your life." Sarah spoke leaning back into her chair.

"Sarah, we are your friends. We'll never do that." Leah spoke and Sarah looked at us keenly for a second before answering.

"Well, he used to fail his statistics exam all the time, so I thought of teaching him stats to impress him.

"That's a good thing, right? Why would he break up with you over that?" I asked her.

"I used to teach him even when we are on dates." She quickly said in a breath.

What?

Leah remained silent blinking at Sarah before bursting into laughter and eventually, I joined her.

"This is why I didn't want to say the reason." Shaking her head, she glared at us.

"Why would you teach him stats on dates, Sarah. Who would date like that?" Leah spoke trying to control her laughter.

"I thought he would be impressed that I was helping him in passing his subject," Sarah spoke turning red, embarrassed.

"Aw. That was so cute." Leah spoke wriggling her eyebrows at Sarah.

"You could even do a show named 'Stats on dates with Sarah'. How is this?" I asked Leah ignoring Sarah's glare.

"It is perfect." she replied and we both laughed.

"I hate you two," Sarah spoke, but we both ignored her.

"Wait, is that Alex?" Leah said looking behind me.

I turned back to see a man who is about 5'8 or 5'9, dressed in formal wear standing at the entrance looking for someone.

Alex...