Chapter 23

Ethan

I looked at the bleeding wound on her elbow and my heart winced looking at her painful face.

She looked away from me trying to avoid any questions.

Intertwining my hand with her, I led her to one of the office rooms.

After glaring at her until she sat on the couch, I brought the first aid kit and sat beside her.

I slowly took her hand in mine and cleaned the wound. it didn't look that bad but I'm sure it must be hurting her.

After pouring some antiseptic liquid on the cotton, I dabbed it on the wound. she lightly hissed tightening her grip on my hand, I frowned and brought her wounded hand closer to my lips, blowing air on her wound, trying to reduce the burn.

Her tightly shut eyes opened, landing on my face and a small smile graced her pink lips when she saw my action.

I brought my attention back to cleaning the wound and quickly completed treating her wound.

Her intense stare at me made me feel good.

It would be a lie to say that her ignorance didn't affect me at all.

Her lack of response made me scream at myself and everyone.

I couldn't even concentrate on any of my business meetings.

I tried talking to her every chance I got, but she can sometimes be stubborn.

In a way, I felt like I deserved her silent treatment. I left her alone when she so badly wanted to come with me.

It hasn't been even a day, but I missed her continuous random talks, how quickly she jumps from one topic to another, and how her eyes would sparkle when she talks about something she likes.

I placed a light kiss on the back of her hand without realizing what I was doing but didn't regret what I did.

I looked up and her face had a small smile along with a tint of blush on her cheeks.

"Anywhere else?" I ran my eyes on her body for any more visible injuries. But when she shook her head, I finally asked the question.

"What happened?" she hesitated but sighed when she saw my glare and ended up answering.

"I was taking a walk and I tried saving a woman on the road who is obvious to the truck speeding towards her. While helping her and all, I fell."

My exasperation instantly reached heights.

"What if something happened to you?" My voice raised a little.

Even the mere thought of something happening to her made my heart go crazy.

The thought alone scared me.

I don't know what will happen to me if something ever happens to her.

Am I whipped?

"I'm fine, Ethan. you're worrying for no reason." She placed her good hand on my shoulder.

Her touch calmed my wandering mind and erratic heartbeat.

I took her hand and planted my lips on the inside of her palm.

"It tickles." She giggled gesturing to the light beard on my face.

"Does it?" I touched her waist knowing she is very ticklish there careful not to touch her wounded hand.

She jumped and laughed hard trying to get rid of my hands. But I tickled her hard and my lips twitched up looking at her laughing face.