23

Han was on vacation to celebrate his mom's 50th birthday. He didn't have any extravagant plan or something. All the three family members just planned to spend some quality time together as it was difficult for them to do so given their responsibilities.

It was his fourth day of vacation and his mom's birthday. They went to Jeju island for a small trip on that day. The morning was spent in water world, the afternoon in Arte Museum and evening on the beach. The brothers surprised their mother with a cake and a very pretty necklace on the beach. Though the necklace was simple, it just enhanced the beauty of the already beautiful woman more and more. Mrs. Han considered it one of her best days yet.

Night fell and the Han family came back to the hotel where they planned to rest for the night. Han and Giwook took one room for both of them while Mrs. Han got her separate room. Giwook sprawled on the bed as soon as he entered the room while Han took his time having a nice shower.

Han threw a towel over his head and started drying his hairs. He could clearly see the storm that have arrived there with in a span of one hour. It was pouring like anything.  The weather was great when they were on the beach but the same couldn't be said right now. Han was worried about the thunderstorms.

Giwook knew well about Han's fears. Usually, he hated skinship with his brother but being the tsundere he is, he allowed Han to hug him when he was scared. Their relationship was like any other typical siblings. They would give the other a whole kidney with no hesitation but, at the same time, could also kill one another other over a bag of chips.

-

They took an early morning flight the next day coming back to Busan. In terms of weather, the next day was same. It was raining cats and dogs the next day as well. Han couldn't sleep again because of the raging thunderstorms and, therefore, he didn't allow his brother to sleep as well. Both of them were now playing video games in Han's room.

Han was about to win but a phone call distracted him leading to him getting a headshot from his brother. Han groaned and picked up the call.

"Hello!!" Han said with slight annoyance in his voice.

.........

"Hello??"

.........

Han checked his phone to see if the call was still connected. Considering it a network issue, Han was about to hang up the phone when he heard sniffles from the other side.

"Min?? You're there, right? What happened? Are you okay?" Han straightened his posture as his body got alert for some reason.

A suppressed sob was heard from the other side and it was enough to make Han worried for the younger.

"Min, love, please tell me what happened? You're making me worried. Please tell me you're not hurt." Han was begging at this point. Fear was creeping inside Han's whole body. He never felt like that before. He detested this feeling. He have always seen Minho smiling, laughing or teasing him. He hated the sob he heard. He just wanted to make it disappear.

"I'm o-outside your house" Minho said with a hoarse voice. It seemed as if he was holding back a lot.

Han ran to his window and saw Minho soaked in the rain standing outside his house. His eyes were red signifying that he was crying a few minutes back or even now. He quickly took an umbrella and ran outside to get Minho.

"Are you dumb? Come inside quickly. You'll get sick." Han raised his hand holding the umbrella slightly to cover Minho and started dragging him inside with his other hand.

Before Han could move from there, Minho pulled him into a hug and buried his face into Han's neck and started crying his heart out. The umbrella fell from Han's hand and his body freezed. He wasn't able to hug him back. He felt his heart dropping with every sob of Minho. He had never seen Minho like this. He wanted to hold him and comfort him. He wanted to whisper sweet nothing's in his ears. However, as much as he wanted to do so, his body wasn't co-operating with him right now.

They stood there for like ten minutes after which the sobs abruptly stopped. Han felt Minho's whole body weight on him. He tried pulling away from the hug to check on Minho. With some difficulty, he managed to do so only to find Minho unconscious.

"Shit!! Minho wake up please!"

Thankfully Giwook came and helped Han to take Minho inside. It turned out he had high fever. They changed his clothes, fed him medicine and tucked him inside the bed. They planned on calling the doctor next morning as it would be difficult for him to come in such heavy rain.

" Wookie, you can go and sleep. I'll be here."

" Naah!!! I'm not sleepy yet. I'll stay with you."

"Your eyes are getting heavy wookie. I'll be okay. Don't worry. If anything happens, I'll call you. You can go."

"Fine but call me if anything happens. Got it?" Giwook said sternly.

"Ay Ay captain!" Han saluted Giwook.

With that, Giwook left and Han sat  on the chair near Minho. He found Minho shivering, therefore, he got up again to get some more blankets for him.  He covered him properly and turned off the lights.

About an hour later, when Han was on the verge of falling in his dreamland, he heard some shifting sounds from Minho. He turned the night lamp on only to find Minho frowning and shifting uncomfortably. It looked like he was having a nightmare.

Han held his hands and tried rubbing his palms to calm him but it didn't seem like working at all. Han sat on the bed next to Minho  while holding  one of his hand and started caressing his hairs from the other hand.

"Dad, no!!" Shouting this, Minho pulled Han into a hug again unconsciously. Now, Han's upper body was lying on Minho's chest and the latter was holding him dearly as if the elder would run away if he released him. Han blinked exactly thrice to comprehend the situation.

Because of months of cuddling, Han was well aware of the fact that it is difficult to get out from Minho's grip. Therefore, he adjusted himself and lied next to Minho properly, still under the grip of Minho. He snuggled further into Minho's chest enjoying the warmth radiating from the younger.

-

"Finally, you're awake" Han said as he entered the room with a tray.

"Hyung! I'm sorry. I know you're on leave but-"

"Shhh- Eat this first. You need to take medicines as well. We'll talk later."

"But-" Han glared cutely at Minho to make him obey.

"Hyung, I've not brushed my teeth."

"Ahh- I- of course- that's the washroom. You can freshen up there. There's an extra toothbrush in the cabinet" Han pointed at a door attached to his room being a bit embarrassed.

-

After Minho had his breakfast, Han sat with him to talk about the previous night.

"Are you okay with talking about last night?" Han asked gently.

.....

"Dad has been diagnosed with aplastic anemia." A drop of tear trailed down Minho's face.

"W-what??" Han couldn't believe his ears.

"I d-don't know. I know I should be strong but it's just.... scary. I couldn't handle that's why I came here. I'm s-"

Before Minho could continue, Han threw himself on Minho. He hugged him as tight as could.

"You did well. I'm happy that you came to me. You don't have to be strong here. I'll be there with you. We'll go through this together. It's okay" Han patted Minho's head and Minho bursted into tears again.  He was pretending to be strong for the sake of his parents until now but it was getting more and more difficult for him. He needed this so much. He also wanted to be comforted. Han was his home afterall.

Thoughts?