Prophecy Planning

Start from the beginning

The room seems to dissolve around me. My whole focus is on George and only him.

"If you could read my mind I think you would know better."

He blinks slowly. "And what is on your mind Dream?"

I notice our closeness. When did we get this close? My whole body feels hot and I tilt my chin down in hypnotic response to our proximity.

"I want to kiss you," I mutter, breathlessly.

George's eyelashes flutter and he tilts his face up as if in a trance as well. I can see the red rise to his cheeks.

"You-? That's- umm..."

I move slowly towards him, our lips inches apart. George stares, waiting for me to make a move. I pause as my heart hammers in my chest.

"What am I doing?"

George squeezes his eyes shut. "Kissing me?"

I pull away quickly. The atmosphere seems to shatter and it takes effort to move away. George seems to have noticed and peels his eyes open quickly.

I get on my feet and step away from George, like he is some kind of disease.

"This doesn't feel right," I say.

George's face drops.

"I mean... no," I splutter. "That's not what I meant George."

He gets on his feet and stands in front of me. He looks dejected, fists clenched by his side.

"Tell me how you really feel Dream," he spits out.

"No, George." I reach out to him, but he backs away from me.

"You don't have to play with my feelings like that you know. It hurts just enough being your friend."

I step towards him. "It's not like that George."

He looks angry now, red faced, maybe on the verge of tears. "Yeah. That's fine. Feel free to kiss me and then tell me we just aren't right. It's not like we've been friends for years or anything."

My feet take me close enough to reach out. I stand my ground, scared to let him back away from me again.

He continues, "It's just not right is it? This feeling- my feelings. We just aren't right are we Dream?" He's crying now and my heart breaks when he harshly wipes his reddened cheeks. "I don't care about you like that either Dream. Don't flatter yourself."

He folds his arms across his chest. Something in my bathroom makes a cracking noise and starts sounding like a sprinkler. I keep my gaze on George, ignoring it.

"George." My voice breaks when I say his name.

"Don't Dream. If you say anything I might just forgive you and let you play with my feelings again. I can't figure out what to do with you anymore. I can't let you-"

I reach out quickly and grab his face. He stops talking, dark brown eyes staring up at me, still looking angry. I gaze back and the feeling from before returns; the world melting away, my body warming up, being drawn in. It doesn't feel real, but I don't let it stop me this time.

I pull George in and capture his lips on mine.

The kiss feels hesitant at first, but the longer we push the more we melt into the warm atmosphere. George grabs the back of my shirt in fistfuls as I push his lips on mine. We shift and recollide with force. My hands and arms tingle, my face feels hot, and I tangle my fingers into his hair. My mouth slips against his soft lips with ease. My heart thumps against my ribcage and I start to feel lightheaded, like I'm floating. If I stand any longer, my knees might give out.

George's lips refuse to leave mine and with vigor I back him into the wall. My efforts to get closer succeed and I hear George hum in approval as our hips collide. George's hands move to my belt loops and he tugs me forward, chests bumping, hands shaking. My hands grab at his hair, my tongue slides across territory no longer foreign to me. My lips finally pull away, only to reattach to his jaw, and neck, and across his collarbone. George squirms in my grip breathing heavily. His hand travels to my hair and he pulls lightly on my blonde locks. My teeth grazes his skin and he pulls me back to his lips.

The making out doesn't stop. No matter how much I am out of breath, I can't stop myself from completely devouring George's face. My body is heating up enough that I feel the urge to pull my clothes off. Once the thought enters my mind, my clothes suddenly become extremely uncomfortable. George gasps when I bite his bottom lip. I can barely catch my breath as I feel George's fingers slide in between my waistband and my skin.

It doesn't feel like I'm in my body anymore, more like I'm watching from the outside as I vigorously attack George. I want to fight against my urges, but I can't seem to find the energy. All my energy has been put into following my instincts. My body seems to be saying, if I stop now I will never be able to finish what we've started. I need to finish what we've started.

What have we started?

I get control of myself and fling away from George, despite his gripping fingers. He looks shaken at my actions and then his eyes glisten with realization.

He breathes out heavily, sliding down the wall onto his haunches. His hands hold his face in embarrassment.

"What's wrong with me?" He mumbles.

I move to kneel on the floor in front of George, reaching out to him, but not quite close enough to hold him.

"It's... It's not you George. You aren't yourself... I'm not myself. Everything is wacked out." I pause and watch him carefully. His shoulders shake as he breathes in irregularly. "I'm sorry."

He removes his hands from his face and looks up at me. "I couldn't control myself. I wasn't in my head for a minute." He pauses. "I'm sorry too."

A quiet settles between us. I drop my hands in my lap and look away from George. He sinks all the way to the floor and drops his head into the wall behind him with a thunk, eyes locked onto my motionless ceiling fan. His cheeks are red, standing out against his pale skin and my white walls. He tucks his hands into his lap and breathes out. His eyes slip closed and I watch him. I watch his eyelashes rest peacefully against cheeks, his head quirks to the side only slightly, his lips part silently.

His eyes open and he tilts his head to look at me. He wants to say something. I wait patiently. His brain spins.

Tell me George.

His mouth scarcely moves as he asks, "What are we Dream?"

Hello friends, I am back. Happy Friday!! Hope you are having a wonderful day. Thanks for being patient. I'll see you next week!

1823 words