Strengthened Hearts

The last thing I expected while wrestling with my best friend in the bath tub was for him to start kissing me.

I guess when you put it that way, you could see why maybe he did. But I couldn't figure it out!

Not that I was complaining. His soft lips on mine was something I couldn't quite get out of my head since our first kiss. And now that it was happening again, I really didn't want it to stop.

I was shocked at first and didn't know how to react, but when he pushed forward, wrapping his arms around my neck, my eyes slammed shut and I pulled him back in.

It was a dance, like before, but with more passion. The first had been frantic because I was trying to save George's life, but with nothing at stake, I didn't hold back. And George didn't either.

His lips on mine was almost a declaration in my head. George was telling me something that couldn't be put into words. It felt like something he had been waiting to do for ages and finally had the guts for.

I realized now that it was something I had dreamt about and longed for since forever, but never realized until his lips were on mine.

We breathed in each other's air, mouths never separating. We were going in open mouthed until our tongues collided wetly. George was all over me, hands clinging to my shoulders, legs around my waist, seated in my lap roughly. He sighs into my mouth and attacks me with his tongue again, making my brain melt. I can't help but groan as our mouths collide again. His warmth lights my body on fire and I can't stop pushing and pulling, mouth on mouth, lips quick, tongues crashing. My hands reach and pull and touch and tug.

And the air slowly leaves my lungs until everything burns.

I pull away, heavily breathing. George copies me, breath ricocheting off my hot lips. I stare into his dark eyes as confusion takes over my features. He looks back with a look of fear mixed with want, although I don't know how that works.

I feel if I were to move in again, George wouldn't think twice before resuming our previous passion.

I close my mouth as I catch my breath and realize I can still taste him on my tongue. I dip my head down, closing my eyes, and let my forehead hit George's shoulder. I can't look at him or else I really will go back in.

He was intoxicating.

His slowed breathing contrasts with our racing hearts. I can feel his going a million miles an hour. It almost syncs up with mine. He swallows thickly and breathes out of his mouth.

"What was that?" My voice is rough, strained.

George pauses. His breathing has stopped and I can only tell because I am so close to him.

"Dream... I-" his voice cuts off. I listen intently and when his fingers softly collide with the back of my skull to feel my hair, I almost jump.

"I... Are you mad?"

I shake my head against his shoulder. "Explain yourself."

He sighs, dragging his fingers down my scalp. "Listen... the Mermaid Queen lady, Nerissa, she showed me something before we went to her house. She said she showed us our worst fears and took us into the past to let us redo something from our past. My moment was when we were on the beach."

My eyebrows crease. My moment was on the beach as well, but at the same time, we've been on the beach quite a lot. He was going to have to clarify.

He continues, "After you had kissed me the first time, to save me from drowning, we stopped and you asked me about the kiss and I... I kind of ignored you."

"Kind of?" I mutter against his shirt.

His fingers stop in my hair. "Okay. I did."

I pull away and finally meet his gaze again. His fingers fall into his lap. His hair was still a little damp, cheeks a little pinked.

He meets my gaze. "I was embarrassed, and confused, but when I went back to that moment, I felt less confused and... well, I kissed you again." His cheeks brightened the more he recalled his memory and he looks away. "And I told you how I felt, and you responded... positively. I just wanted to know if it was all real, and I know maybe that was stupid, but I just needed to try-"

I interrupt with a finger on his lips. "Okay." I smile. "I understand." He smiles at me. I continue, "And for the record, I like kissing you."

George blushes. "I... I agree."

* * *

The next morning I wake up feeling fresh. I take a quick shower before school and head towards George's for an early start to the day.

Today was some dumb school field trip to the aquarium that I really wasn't excited about. Especially after literally being in a fish tank for a fake sequence displaying my worst fear from the depths of my mind.

George didn't seem phased at all. He actually looked really chipper when he jumped on his bike and followed me to school. He even gave me a shy smile, that I returned.

We locked our bikes up and I look over at him in curiosity. He smiles at me and winks.

"What are you so happy about?" I question, following him down the halls. 

"I just had a good nights rest that's all."

I consider bringing up the fact that we were headed to an aquarium for the school trip today, but decided against it, not wanting to ruin his good mood.

Basically, today we didn't have to go to any classes. Our whole grade was getting on buses and heading to the aquarium for the whole school day. The next day, the grade below us would do the same thing. It was a weird school tradition to help the students get their minds off of finals before we would have to crank down on all the testing.

The bell rings and George and I file behind the other students in our grade. We had to get our bagged lunches and put them with our stuff before we climbed aboard the bus. 

George finally seemed to realize what we were doing when we finally sat on the buses. 

"Wait... today is aquarium day?"

I sigh. "Yes George."

He really was oblivious sometimes.

He looks over at me as fear flashes in his eyes. "It will be fine right? Nothing to worry about."

"What do you mean? What is there to worry about?"

"I mean... turning into fish. Apparently it's a little uncontrollable and we could technically shift with regular water. Even more, I'm pretty sure we will be around ocean water."

"We will just have to be extra careful. Nothing to worry about, right?"

Right? 

Not me casually writing 400 words of making out... 
It was definitely not the route I planned on but here we are. I've got exciting things in store.

Also my stupid neighbors are like a million years old and they listen to freaking loud war movies or something so I can hear the stupid bass through the walls and I'm about to break their door down and yell at them for being so rude. THE WALLS ARE FREAKING THIN! 

-deep breath- I'll be fine... probably. 

Anyway... Thanks for reading! :)

1229 words