Sapnap's 'Advice'

"Karl!" George and I swim towards our friend and attack him in a warm hug.

"Woah," he blurts as he is encircled by our arms. "What's wrong? Are you guys okay?"

We both pull away and George starts explaining the horrifying thing we had just seen. He is expressive, moving his hands to show how his voice echoed and how he exploded into oily looking bubbles, black coated and glossy.

"What do you think he meant by 'Find the answers you seek on land. The woman above knows all. Beware your time limit. Three days from now you will remain in the form you wear'?" I ask, interrupting George's story.

Karl looks over at me and shrugs. "We definitely need to talk to Sapnap about that. It sounds like you guys found The Seer. He was the one who foresaw the prophecy."

"I think I got that much," I mutter, "But what about this new prophecy he spouted?"

"I think we need to do something on land Dream," George says. "But who is this woman and why does there have to be a time limit?"

Karl shrugs again. "Let's go find Sapnap."

"Wait Karl," I stop him. "What are you even doing over here so close to shore?"

Karl shys away, hiding the blush on his face. "What? Nothing," he says a little too quickly.

George gives me a knowing smile. "Karl?"

He sighs. "Okay fine. I wanted to see humans again. I can't help it! They are so interesting and so much fun to watch."

"Oh Karl," I smile as I say his name. "We will tell you anything you want to know about humans whenever you want. But we don't want you to be seen out here. That's dangerous."

Karl's shoulders sag. "I know, I know. It's just... I don't know. The way that you live and do things and, like, everything about you is the coolest thing ever."

George giggles. "It's honestly pretty boring."

"Not to me!" Karl rushes.

"Alright," I interrupt. "Let's get Sapnap."

I've got a bone to pick with him.

* * *

Swimming was so much easier with a tail. Thinking back on when I would come to the beach with George before we were... fish, we used to go swimming all the time. We would chase each other in the sandy waves, splash in the shallow ocean, and paddle out far enough that George would be scared of sharks. I had always been a really good swimmer, and George really wasn't, but I had never been this good. I mean, good enough to not have to breathe air for hours at a time, or move forward without using my arms at a faster pace than both my arms and legs. It was incredible really.

Karl, George, and I were all swimming to where Sapnap was, or at least where Karl said Sapnap was. It was somewhere we had never really gone to before. Not the underwater cave from before, or any of the other secret beach spots. This place was the deepest in the ocean we had been.

"Where are we going?" George asks for the fifth time since we had started swimming. I look back at him and watch as he pushes his arms to his side to propel himself forward a little more.

Karl twists so he is swimming backwards and looking at us.

"We're going to Sapnap," he responds for the fifth time.

I chuckle and George gives me an annoyed look.

"But where is that? Where is Sapnap?"