Chapter 12: Divide and Conquer

Heart of Stone

Chapter 12

Divide and concur

    Wukong looked around at the old busted up mech as he walked in. He lightly touched the floor and motioned for the others to stay back while he checked the stability. Macaque growled and walked in along with him.

"We haven't got time for this crap Wukong." Macaque growled, he hated that monkey so much.

"Yeah okay, but when you..." As if on cue they all fell through the floor.

Slipping and sliding as they went, lights flashing on and off, flames from the boiler, and finally the hard ground...well except for one.

MK swam over to the edge of the water, the room was dark save for the new hole in the ceiling. He sighed as he put the staff onto solid ground and he looked around the room. The far corners of the room were still too dark to see, but from what he could make out. He was on an island in the middle of an ocean with no way out but up.

Which was okay with him, he could change into a falcon. With a bright flash of gold he took to the air and...

"MK! MK is that you!?" He turned mid jump and landed back onto the ground and narrowed his eyes.

"Bai He!?" He called out.

"MK!" She yelled in excitement and climbed back into the water and swam toward the other end of the water. He could only guess it had been from melting snow. "Thank goodness! I'm stuck down here in the dungeon." Bai He kept talking to him. He kept swimming, and swimming. It felt like forever.

"Bai He!" MK asked, he was starting to get tired.

"I'm here...is my dad there?" MK smiled at that.

"Yeah, yeah he's here...just not with me. The ground broke and we fell. I don't know where he is right now. But I'm sure he's on his way." MK panted, oh did something touch him? He stopped and looked around. He could no longer see the rock he had once perched on.

It touched him again. He looked around at the wall.

"Bai He?" He heard a scream and he started to swim frantically toward the scream. "I'm coming!" He called out. Oh he could turn into a fish! They'd swim faster then him. He changed into a trout and swam toward the screaming.

At least he thought he was.

A light tapping as the huge Goliath spider placed a fish bowl down onto one of the four rocks. The Mayor smiled at the fish that now recoiled away from him and then swam at the side with promise. Although it only made a soft tink noise.

MK transformed into the ape he had before only to have the Goliath spider slam him onto the stone mantle and tie him down with a bright golden rope.

"Useful aren't they? Obtained from the 9 tailed foxes brother." He leaned in to look over Wukong. "Too bad huh?" He turned to look at Bai He who seemed to be sleeping. The chains holding her down.

"What did you do to her?" MK asked. The Mayor patted his face and smiled.

"What indeed?" He walked over and ran his fingers over the large tomb that the lady bone demon's corpse lay within. "You just worry about what I'm going to do with you, and your little monkey friends." The Mayor's face broke into the most sinister smile.