Chapter 5: I donno

Heart of Stone

Chapter 5

I donno

"Wukong! Wait!" Macaque called out as Wukong pulled a towel over his shoulder and a small wooden bucket full of soaps tucked under his arm. Obviously about to take a bath. He turned to look at his counterpart.

"I don't know the first thing about kids. How am I...Me the six eared Macaque going to be able to take care of a kid?" He asked, looking at Wukong who just rolled his eyes.

"It's easy at that age. Just...do what comes naturally." Wukong shrugged.

Macaque grumbled walking toward the temple again. This was going to be interesting, that was for sure. He'd definitely have to get a new house.

Living in the city in that tiny no room apartment above the old woman with her cats wasn't the best bet. Plus school, and...and keeping her fed. He ran his fingers down his face and the loud moan didn't go unnoticed.

Perhaps his old temple was still...He turned to look out at the trees. There was still a clear spire from the top of the mountain. He looked down at Bai He who leaned against him as she ate a sandwich.

This was going to be a long day.

Bai He wasn't slow. She hated to be seen as slow, but she was still sick, and Macaque had her walking in the snow. Well technically she felt fine. But she looked like fate was about to swing its ax down upon her. So Macaque did the only thing he knew to do as a Monkey...he picked her up and carried her.

Bai He didn't seem to mind, actually she thought he felt warm. She burrowed into his chest and nuzzled him softly.

"So uh..." He started as he walked along an old road that looked as if it hadn't been walked along in such a long time. "This temple is old...and I mean it probably needs some work." He said as they broke through the tree line. It looked like an old monastery.

"It doesn't look...that bad." Macaque went to push the door aside. The door fell inward instead. "Ah...perhaps a bit of work."

"A lot of work..." He said as he sat her down and started a fire in the fireplace. At least it was still cleaned.

Bai He still had to stay within Flower Fruit Mountain for a few days, but at least with some help from the others the small temple was back up and fixed. Bai He even had a small room.

She opened the door and looked out into the garden that was currently being fenced in so she could go in and play without the worry about someone dangerous harming her.

The clothing that hung from her shoulders were incredibly long on her, but it was winter and she didn't mind their warmth. She sat down and looked around. She could hear the small tools being used but she couldn't see the ground under the steps. It was still snowing. Perhaps it was best if she stayed there. After all, she was still recovering. She sat back against the rice paper doors and watched the snow fall.

The snow was actually so pretty to watch when you didn't have to worry so much about where you needed to be within a few moments. She could hear the snow as it fell close by. The sound of it was like a soda. If you listened closely it made a fizzing noise. She liked it.

Although after sitting there long enough she began to fall asleep.

"Bai He?" the young girl slowly sat up to look around. Was that Mei? Was she calling to her? "Bai He?" Perhaps it was lunch time and she should get back to the dining room? She tried to stand up, but her legs weren't working too well.

"Oh you poor sweetheart. It looks like your body is frozen." Okay she wasn't that frozen...the voice changed. The sinister voice echoed in her head. It wasn't Mei anymore, she knew that horrible voice. It was the Mayor, she tried her best to move, she couldn't move at all.

Her body began to move on its own. No no no...she didn't want to go with him. He was a bad man.

"Everything will be fine, I'm not going to hurt you. I need you...my lady." His chuckle was cut short when Bai He was shaken awake.

"NO!" She cried out clinging to Macaque who lowered his scarf to address her.

"Heya kiddo. You okay? You must have fallen asleep waiting for us to finish the fence."

Bai He looked around and then backed up at Macaque. That was right...The Mayor was gone, and so was the Lady Bone Demon...that nightmare was simply that.

She took a deep breath and sighed.

"It was just a nightmare. The Mayors gone...he can't hurt me...right?" She asked. Macaque looked at her oddly and nodded.

"Right...now let's go make dinner huh?" He picked her up.

Although in the back of Macaque's mind he knew that to be false...the Mayor was in fact alive...not only that...he never saw him after that night. He would have to have a talk with Wukong.

Heart of Stoneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें