Hinata vs Neji - Y/n's Affection?

Third person POV

Hayate: The next fight will be... Sakura Haruno vs Ino Yamanaka...

As the two girls walk to the the front, Sakura speaks up.

Sakura: I'll win Sasuke's affection, Ino-pig!

Ino: Oh, yeah? Well, I don't really want his affection now, billboard brows! I want the affection of Y/n!

Sakura: What?! You're choosing him over Sasuke? Hmph, whatever, that means Sasuke is mine.

Ino: You wish...

Hinata looks over at Y/n, who was back in his corner and sprawled out.

Hinata: ' Did he hear what Ino said...? ... Does he feel the same way about her? '

She continues to watch the demon, his chest rising and falling slowly, but rhythmically. Swallowing her shyness, Hinata walks over to Y/n and sits next to him, gently taking his hand in hers. She fully expected him to snap at her, but he continued to lie there, and seemed to be at peace.

Y/n: Hinata... What do you want?

Hinata: I-I... Well, it's just... Ino said she's fighting for your affection against Sakura... How do you feel about Ino?

Y/n: Hn.

Hinata: ... What about m-me?

Y/n: Hn... You're my teammate.

Hinata looks away from the male and she suddenly felt a pang of sadness. After what they'd been through, they were only teammates? Not even friends? She had regarded Y/n as her closest friend and... Had begun to have feelings for him, but he didn't seem interested. Why did she want him to say that he liked her so much?

A tear starts rolling down her cheek and she gasps when she feels someone wipe the tear off of her. She turns to look around, but sees no one else immediately next to them.

Hinata: ' Y/n... '

~ Small Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Y/n taking a nap, Y/n's POV ~

I slowly open my eyes and yawn, stretching while I do so. Apparently, this caught Kiba's attention because he walks over.

Kiba: You missed some fights... Mine and Shino's included.

" I did? ... Who's fighting now? " I ask, tilting my head a little.

Kiba: Hinata and Neji...

Frowning, I stand up and walk over to Shino. Sure enough, Hinata and Neji were fighting... No, not fighting... Hinata's getting mauled.

Neji: This next attack will finish this, once and for all!

' NO! '

Time seems to slow down as Neji goes for his attack, and in an instant, I stand between him and Hinata, growling.

" That's enough, Neji! Don't even touch her again! " I yell out, surprising everyone.

Neji: Stay out of this, I'm cleansing the gene pool by wiping out this weakling!

" I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that, because I'm about to rip you to shreds! Don't. Touch. Hinata! Don't even breathe in her direction again! " I snap, before turning around and helping Hinata up.

" Can you stand? Hinata? " I ask, my voice was filled with concern, but I don't care who hears it right now. Hinata is hurt, and that's what matters.

Hinata: I... I don't think so...

Hayate: Umm... Y/n, you can't interrupt the fight, you'll be disqu-

" I DON'T GIVE A DAMN! SHE NEEDS MEDICAL ATTENTION! " I yell out, snapping more.