Chapter 21

Mirage swayed on her talons, her mind not taking in all of that. She was a bit dizzy from the lack of blood. The smoke made her mind hazy, and the burns the flames made were stinging. The spiky balls were stuck firmly between her scales. 

"How exactly did you know?" Winter's voice was faint, and her ears didn't take it in clearly. Moon was trembling in fear, but she also kept giving Mirage worried glances.

"I-" Moon was cut off by Winter's menacing hiss.

"I'm giving you six days to tell me," He growled. 

"Wait, guys-" Qibli interrupted. 

"I don't care what you have to say to protect this Nightwing," Winter scorned. "Sand-snorter."

"I wasn't going to say anything about Moon," The Sandwing didn't seem to hear the insult. "We need to get Mirage to the hospital wing." 

Everyone turned to her. Kinkajou's mouth was moving, but why couldn't she hear anything? Black crowded her eyes, and she fell to the ground. Scales brushed against Mirage's burnt scales, and she fell into a pained sleep.

"Quick! Someone! Anyone! Please help us!" Moon cried. "Mirage is injured and we need to get her to the healers!"

But everyone had left. Kinkajou shook Mirage's unconscious body frantically, but she didn't move. Qibli turned to the others.

"One of us- Kinkajou- Go get Clay or Tsunami or any of the Dragonets. We need to be quick, or Mirage might not survive." He ordered. 

"Let's go, go go!" Kinkajou shouted, pushing Moon in front of her. The two ran through the halls, and literally ran into Clay.

"Ow! No running in the hall, Kinkajou. And Moon," He said. Kinkajou ignored him

"Help! Mirage is hurt and she's knocked out and we need to get her to the healers!" She cried. Clay froze, then flung his wing out and ran to the rocks with Kinkajou and Moon in the lead. They heaved the small Sandwing onto the Mudwing's sturdy back and raced to the hospital wing. 

"We need to get there quickly," Clay's usual bright eyes were shadowed with worry.

"Or she might not make it."