😑UN oR IN- TENTIONAL

I DON'T like being nervous because of a man. Especially a man I'm working with. But it seems like I really can't help myself around him.
I consider myself a strong woman. I know I'm stubborn. Rarely anything makes me nervous. Men never make me nervous. Because why would they? I don't know why I should be nervous if I know my worth. Basically, rarely anything can throw me off guard.

But this man ... I don't know what it is about him. I don't think this is only because of our past. I have pasts with other men and they don't make me nervous. On the contrary, even. But they don't appeal to me as Nicholas does. I don't know what the hell is on him that makes me so interested and attracted.
But this attraction and interest need to go. 

Immediately.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I immediately regret packing a dress for work today. But, in my defence, I didn't know I'd eat breakfast with Adrian. Besides, I like wearing dresses and I wear them a lot. It still isn't something I would choose when meeting him, though.

"I'm overthinking this way too much, aren't I?" I ask Hulk.

He makes a grunting sound, putting his head on his paws while continuing to watch me.

Red dress with red lipstick and black heels with black purse give go well together with my dark hair. It really looks like I put too much effort into my appearance for meeting him.
I roll my eyes at myself in the mirror. Honestly, why should I care what he thinks? He has nothing to do with me and I have nothing to do with him. I don't have to please him in any other way than professionally. I only have to do a good job so he likes it, he's not paying me for how I look.

"Yeah, you're right," I say to Hulk. He slightly lifts his eyebrows, but doesn't make any other movement. He's beat after our run this morning. 

"Be good. At least until I come back." He doesn't react in any way and as I scratch his head, he only moves his ears. That's the only way he shows me happiness.

I grab the elevator key someone delivered to me before, telling me that I'll need it if I want to get to the suite. 

Adrian, undoubtedly, gave the decision to come up to his suite or not into my hands. I could decide not to go, after all. But I'm not a coward. Besides, what could happen? Other than my attraction towards him could grow.
When I step into the elevator, I take a deep, calming breath, before inserting the card and pressing the button. And up I go.

The ping of the elevator announces I arrived. I don't know what to expect when I step out. Adrian is nowhere in sight and I'm not comfortable just walking around without his presence. This is his home, after all.

"Adrian ?" I call out.

Seconds later, he steps out of the room that's straight up the hall. He has a phone to his ear, listening to what other person is saying, but his eyes are on me the second he comes out. His eyes travel all the way down to my feet and I see him pause for just a half of a second, his eyes getting wider. If I wasn't looking at him intently, I probably wouldn't even notice it. But I did notice it.
I see him take a big breath, his eyes going somewhere to his right, away from me. I take the chance to admire him in his power suit. I see his hair is still damp from the shower. I swear I have to take a few deep breaths, as well, even though I've seen him in a suit a lot of times now.

"I'll have to call you back later," He says into the phone, almost murmuring.

He puts it into his pocket and gives me his full attention, his eyes locking with mine now.

 "Hazel," he says in greeting. "Sorry about that. The food is already in the kitchen."
I'll finally get to see more of his suite!

"No Hulk?" he asks over his shoulder as I walk after him. He sounds kind of disappointed.