🏤 HOTEL VISIT ? (B)

ADRIAN COMES back freshly showered in a fitted shirt. His dark hair is still wet and he’s buttoning the buttons on wrists of his white shirt when he walks back. He creates an amazing sight, but I can’t stop thinking about him shirtless.

I look down at the papers before me when he sits down next to me and I catch his scent.

Mom.

"Okay, so I was thinking we could put royal blue here and match it with white." I looked at him when I picked up the paper to show him what I mean, only to catch him looking at me with a small smile.

"Do you agree? So I know if I should continue."

Adrian puts his foot over his leg, making himself comfortable.
"How are you?"

I blink.

Once.

Twice.

" What?" I ask, shaking my head.
Is he trying to mess with me?

" How are you? How is your day going ?"

" Uh, good ?" I say, unsure.

This was so out of the blue and unexpected, I don’t know if he’s trying to play a game with me or something.

" Why are you asking me this? "
I shrugged.

" Do I want to have a specific reason? I’m just interested in knowing how you are before we diving right into strict business."

I have to control my facial expression. My eyebrows definitely want to jump up in suspicion and disbelief.

"Okay then. And how are you?"

He turns amused.

"Are you asking me this because you want to know or because you’re trying to be polite?"

I blink in surprise.

We emerge in a stare-off, both of us too stubborn to look away first. I take a deep breath, realising that he’s just trying to mess with my head.

" Maybe a little bit of both."

He nods, putting his foot back down on the floor, no longer in the relaxed mood. I waited for his answer, but he remains quiet.

" So you won’t answer my question?" I ask him, my voice tight.

" Ask me that again when you’ll want to know my answer. So, about the royal blue suggestion of yours. I think it would look good."

I stare at him, my mouth parting open in disbelief.

" Seriously?" I ask.

The nerve of this man!!

" Yes. Let’s hear your other suggestions."

I want to roll my eyes at him so badly right now, but I don’t want to come off as unprofessional any more than I already have.

But this man really knows how to step on the last of my nerves.

Besides that, he’s acting neutrally while I’m here without any answers about what happened that night and just dying to know.

" Yeah, sure. Straight to business now," I mutter to myself mostly.

I think I catched a small smile forming on his face.

■¤¤■

We ended our meeting on time.

Even though I suspected that Adrian tried to create a relaxing atmosphere for both of us by talking about the important things in his living room, it didn’t ended up being relaxed.