😳YOU!! (B)

"Good evening, Miss Monroe. I'm sorry to barge in your office like that, but we were supposed to have a meeting an hour and half ago."

I put my hands on the table, standing up and supporting my body weight with it, cause I fear that my legs will give up on me any time and I'll fall down on my ass.

I really doesn't have energy even to point out a finger, and here this man is asking me for meeting.

"Yes, I know. My apologies for keeping you waiting, but I already had postponed this meeting. You can talk to my assistant and choose the next date. I hope you really understand that."

I managed to keep my voice professional, serious and a huge fake smile plastered on my face. I am controlling everything I can, even though I just want to start screaming to throw him out of my building. I know nothing of this is his fault, but I've really had a long day.
Gosh!!
My cheeks also hurt from fake-smiling so much today, so I don't have it in me to do it anymore.

"Miss Monroe, I don't think you are understanding me over here. This is urgent. It's quite a big project that requires a lot of time to work on it, but if you're not prepared to work for me, I can go to look for somewhere else. "

"Yeah--look, I'm terribly sorry. I never do this, but my day didn't go according to the plans and I'm just asking you to please understand. It's very late and as you said it's quite a big project, so want to be focused for this project, and I can only do this when I'm well rested and had something more then a piece of bread as a breakfast to eat in a whole day."

I exhale as I finished my long monologue. I don't even know why I bothered explaining. I just want him leave, so that I can go back to my sandwich. The sandwich that he suddenly eyes.

"Okay, so.. How about we talk over dinner ?"

The way he asked, I don't know why' but his voice and literally everything about him looks and sounds so familiar. The way he voiced the words, the accent....I must've met him somewhere, But I just don't have any idea.

Maybe it can be just my illusions ughhh...!!

I shake my head.

"You can decide about the next date with my assistant. It can be dinner. Lunch. Hell, even breakfast. But, please accept my apologies for today. I'll give you a discount."

His eyebrow slightly arches, his head cocking to the side. He gives me a long look, looking me up and down, slowly caressing my body with my eyes. I squint my eyes at him, wondering what's going through his mind.

"I came to you because I heard You're very good at what you do. So far, you're not good at doing your job, but I'll Let it slide this time and give you another chance to improve yourself. " He looks at my sandwich again.

"And sometimes you get the hard days like this but you still have to still clench your teeth and deal with it."

He nods at me.

"Until next time"

I stare at his back when he turs around and leaves. I can't see him walk away, because my assistant appears at the door robbing me out of the view.

"I'm so sorry, he was really persistent- "

"Who was that ? ", I askes her, still dazed over his presence.

Ruby blinks at me.
"Adrian Zenterrno ? You were supposed to have a meeting with him ?"

Adrian. Adrian. Adrian

My eyes widen.

" Oh. My. God.."

..................................................................................................................................................

Well this was an ending for 2nd chapter. Soon there will be Chapter 3 out, were things will be more heated up.

 Soon there will be Chapter 3 out, were things will be more heated up

Nonetheless this was the Part(B) of 2nd chapter.

I hope that you have enjoyed it.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.