Chapter 72

Noah's POV:

We tried making it work best for us and so far, I think it's working. I mean, we haven't had any fights since our last one and we've prioritized our relationship more than anything else. I just can't tell how she's feeling inside. She knows that what I did was wrong, I know what I did was wrong, we just have to work on it together. 

Charli and her daughter Rose were with us tonight to have dinner. It has been a few nights since she last came over, so we figured we'd invite her. She knows too. Everything about her father I mean. Dixie spoke with her privately on that. Charli didn't take it too well but decided that she was still going to go see him with Dix.

Dixie and I cleaned up while Charli put Rose down for the night. She was pretty silent for most of the day. I snuck up behind her while she was putting the dishes away in the sink. She gasped a little bit, causing her head to fall back on to my shoulder. I kissed her cheek and down her neck. "I love you," I said, smiling and going back to kiss her again. She pulled away and just smiled. I waited for her to say it back, but she never did. She went back to doing the dishes and I acted like that didn't just break my heart in half. I finished cleaning up the kitchen and waited for her to come over to the living room with me so we could watch a movie before we went to bed. She never did that either, she just walked away.

Dixie told me things were fine between us, but the way she's acting, I can tell that they clearly aren't. She was in the bathroom, just taking off her makeup. I closed the door, walked up to her, and waited for her to look back up at me. "What?" She said with that cute laugh I could never get tired of. She pushed me against the wall and threw the wipe on the counter. "What?" Dixie asked again. When I didn't answer her the second time, she pushed herself against me, making her large belly touch mine. She always had a way of turning me on, but I put that aside because I still wanted to know what I could fix between us. "Dix," I said, lightly pushing her off of me. "You've been dodging me all day, what's wrong." She had a look on her face, I couldn't tell if she was confused or sad, maybe a bit of both. 

"I haven't been dodging you, have I?" She asked. "Okay, cut the crap. What's going on?" She stopped talking and just stared at me and began again. "There's nothing wrong. Do you want to just go to bed? We can go on a date or something tomorrow." She tried changing the topic over and over again. I took the wipe out of her hand after she grabbed it off the counter. She gave me glare and reached to get it. I held it up high, far enough up so she couldn't reach. "Tell me what's wrong and I'll give it back." She tried her best to reach, but still couldn't. "There's nothing wrong. Give it back, it's going to dry out. Please." I wasn't going to give it back, so I held it up higher. "You're such a dick," she said laughing. "Tell me what's wrong." She stopped laughing. "Fine, just give it back, that's my last one," she said. I handed it back to her. She finished wiping off the last of her makeup and looked back at me. She still wasn't telling me anything, so I had to use my last resort, tickling.  

"Don't," Dixie said, knowing what I'm about to do. She laughed as she tried moving out of the way. I stepped closer and corner her. "I promise I'll tell you, just don't tickle me; I don't feel like peeing everywhere. I can't even see my toes, let alone have control over my bladder." We laughed together. "I'll tell you later, I just kind of want to go to bed now." She kissed my cheek and walked past me. "I love you baby." I said, but she still ignored me. I sighed and fallowed her.

"Dix?" She was laying down on the bed in her pajamas, staring up at me. "Yeah?" She asked. I got into bed next to her. I tried one last attempt: I held her face so close to mine, it made our lips almost brush against each other. "I love you." I said for the last time. She just smiled again and gave me a subtle kiss. I began to get frustrated. She wasn't saying it back. "Did she fall out of love with me?" I thought. 

Dixie's POV:

Noah looked annoyed with me. I was still annoyed with him. I know it hurts him when I don't say that I love him back. I never want to hurt him; this just feels wrong to say. Of course, I do love him, no matter what, I just couldn't say it out loud, so I kissed him. "Dixie." Noah said in a sterner voice. "Good night baby." I said, kissing him again before I turned off my lamp.

He wouldn't let it go. He reached over me and turned the lamp back on. "Noah!" I said raising my voice a little bit. "What is going on with you?" He asked looking into my eyes. "Nothing is going on. Good night." I turned the lamp off again, but he just flicked it back on. "Okay, now you're pissing me off. I've been growing a human, I'm a little tired. Can you let me sleep now?" "Not until you tell me what's wrong." Noah put a hand on my stomach and used the other to cup my face. "Fuck Noah, nothing is wrong just let me sleep. We can hang out all day tomorrow, I promise." I turned it off again and he finally left it alone.

"I'm sorry baby." Noah said kissing my forehead. "But why won't you say it back? Do you not love me anymore?" He asked. My heart completely sank to my stomach. "Of course, I do. Can we just talk about this another time? I really am exhausted." He said yes. I laid on my side as Noah cuddled into me. I struggled to fall asleep, I assume Noah did too.

When the morning inevitably hit, he was still asleep. His mouth was wide open as he laid on his back, snoring. I smiled and got up, trying not to wake him up. I brushed my teeth and headed in the shower. I took off my clothes and stepped inside. I heard the door open, finding Noah. "Can I come in?" He asked. "Yeah." I heard the door close. I watched him go up to the sink to brush his teeth. I felt the baby kick, so I called Noah over. "Come here, the baby is kicking." Noah sprinted towards me, touching my stomach after he slid open the glass door. He moved his hand around, feeling all of his kicks. "I think he wants to get out soon, at least that's what I'm hoping." We laughed a little before Noah asked if he could come in with me. I nodded and let him. Nothing happened, we didn't have sex or anything, even though he was making me a little horny. We finished together and decided to go on our date.

A/N: I'm so glad I was able to finish a chapter. I've been so busy with work and school. So, I apologize for my time away. I hope you all have a wonderful day!