Chapter 5

W/n waited beside FreckleWish for NettlePaw to soon appear, the ginger Tom let out a heavy sigh when he arrived. "Where are the herbs?"

"I'm sorry, I got distracted..." NettlePaw mumbled in embarrassment. The p/c Tom rolled his eyes.

"That's alright, we can always find some more," FreckleWish mewed with a small smile. She began padding away, her tail gracefully flicking to the side.

W/n was about to follow until NettlePaw cleared his throat, "what is it?"

"I found MapleShade on our territory...she said that she wanted to see you one last time," the apprentice mewed with an uncertain blue gaze.

W/n felt his fur prickle, he did want to see MapleShade. After all they never truly got to say goodbye.

If only he could see the kits too...

"Alright, where do you think she would be?" W/n questioned NettlePaw. "She was near a patch of holly when I saw her, but maybe try the boarders," the apprentice stated.

FreckleWish turned her head to look at them, "are you two coming?"

"I'll look for herbs near the boarder of WindClan," W/n purred, "you two can look near the twoleg place."

The golden speckled she-cat nodded and NettlePaw quickly followed. W/n sighed before walking to the WindClan boarder.

He sniffed around, trying to catch onto MapleShade's scent. However only got the smell of fresh kill in a tree.

"Where did the rabbit go?" A WindClan warrior questioned, they looked at W/n with narrowed eyes, "have you stolen our prey?"

"I haven't seen any rabbit come across here," W/n simply stated to the WindClan cat.

They looked back at the rest of the patrol, before apologising and walking away. W/n flinched when he heard a rustle above him.

"MapleShade?" The p/c she-cat breathed as he spotted the she-cat's tortoiseshell pelt. She jumped down with a rabbit in her jaws.

"Hello, W/n," she greeted with a small yet sad smile, her cheeks dusted pink. W/n swallowed hard as he stared back at her.

"I'm sorry about what happened to the kits..." he mewed as he lowered his head in respect. MapleShade flinched a little at the mention of them.

"I wanted to ask, I miss you a lot W/n and I've realised how much you mean to me," MapleShade whispered, "please, I need you!"

W/n took a step back, his ears flattened. "Are you asking me to leave my life in ThunderClan and come with you?"

MapleShade nodded with a smile, her eyes shining, "ThunderClan are bat-blinded, fox-hearted cats, surely you would come with me?"

W/n felt his pelt rise, anger burning his p/c fur and his eyes narrowed at her.

"You lied to me about the kits, to everyone. And you expect me to just...come with you?" W/n mumbled, before MapleShade could respond he turned away from her and walked away.

"I thought you cared about them!" MapleShade yowled desperately, W/n halted as he stared at her. "Don't you are about me or the kits?"