Chapter 3

"Watch me LarchKit!" PetalKit mewed as she grabbed the moss ball next to her paws and violently shook it.

The moss was flung into the air and the two kits scampered after it, W/n sat and watched them play with MapleShade laying beside him.

"How about you play with them?" W/n mewed as he looked down at (D/n), she shifted her paws awkwardly.

"Can I play with them? I just didn't want PatchKit to be alone..." she mewed quietly as her eyes gazed towards her brother.

"Do whatever you wish sweetheart," MapleShade purred happily, the p/c she-kit shook her fur out and ran towards her siblings, tackling LarchKit.

MapleShade looked at PatchKit with a frown, "don't you want to join them?"

"No, I want to stay here with you," the ginger and white Tom mumbled, nuzzling closer into his mother's fur.

"Mom! Dad! PetalKit shredded the moss ball!" (D/n) complained as she looked at her sister with a pout.

"It was getting away so I caught it," PetalKit shrugged as she swatted the shredded pieces of moss away.

RabbitFur padded up to the kits, looking at the moss with a grunt, "would you like to play another game?"

"Yes!" LarchKit mewed enthusiastically, the two sisters mewed in agreement as RabbitFur rolls a stone in the middle of the clearing and placed a twig a fox length away from the stone.

The elder points his tail towards the stick, "the aim is that you kits stand beside the stick and leap onto the stone without touching the ground between the stick and stone."

PetalKit gasped, "it's all the way in the other side of the clearing!"

"We would need wings to reach it!" D/n mumbled as her e/c eyes stared at the stone.

RabbitFur snorted, "don't be so mouse-brained, BirchFace would've been able to leap that far on land and not alert a fly!"

W/n stared at MapleShade with concern, the queen looked alarmed at the brown Tom. "RabbitFur is very bossy," PatchKit mumbled.

The parents and PatchKit watched as RabbitFur tested the three kits on their leaping ability, and none of them made it to the stone.

"Watch what you are doing LarchKit," the elder snarled at the brown tabby, "BirchFace was able to leap and not flatten any cat."

MapleShade quickly got to her paws and PatchKit tumbled with a squawk. W/n flicked his tail as he watched the scene unfold.

"Maybe they take after me," MapleShade quickly meowed, "I'm not a spectacular pouncer either."

RabbitFur narrowed his eyes as he looked at the kits, they cowered in fear underneath their mother.

"Your not that bad," he rasped, "but I can't believe any of BirchFace's kits to be heavy footed!"

MapleShade's pelt bristled, "I will not have my kits judged before they even start training!" She padded away with the kits following.

W/n flattened his ears as he looked at RabbitFur, the elder's eyes glared at the tortoiseshell before he skulked away.

"Come on, we are going to have a walk in the forest," MapleShade announced, W/n followed her as he watched the kits become enthusiastic about this.