I parked the car we got out and walked inside of the house. It was packed to the max with church folks and their families.

"what's up everybody" Draco greeted his family with a smile and a bottle of champagne in his hand.

"Well well well, if it isn't my grandson. Glad to see you young man." Mr. Roberts spoke shaking Draco hand and hugging him.

"yeah. i apologize bout that pops, i been busy working and things like that. It's nice to see you though, how you feeling?"

"I've been hanging in there. have you seen your mother?"

"yeah, i seen her earlier, but where she at? Lemme go holla at Ma Dukes." Draco nodded.

I left the two of them alone to find my mother, she was in the kitchen talking to Ms. Angie. "oh, hey baby. where you been?" my mom asked with a bright smile.

"i went to pick up jarell and pick up a few things for Ms. Angie, here you go." I replied handing Ms. Angie the bag of things she needed.

"thank you sweetheart. Oh, Jalaiah, have you met Bakari and his mother, Brenda?" Ms. Angie asked waving over lil shawty.

"hello, I'm jalaiah or laia. it's nice to meet you. We've met before." Jalaiah told her and introduced herself to my mom.

"Before I forget, can you two bring these outside for the kiddos." Ms Angie asked referring to the ice pops. "Of course Nana. Excuse me." Laia smiled.

I helped bring whatever else she needed to put outside. "so laia, huh? that's a pretty name." I complimented.

"uh thank you, Bakari or should I call you b.k?"

"Bk or Kari. Nobody except Ms. Angie and Mr. Anthony can call me Bakari." I informed taking one of the freeze pops.

Laia smacked my hand making me dropped the freeze pop on the ground. I mugged her and rubbed the spot she'd hit me at.

"I'm tied of you puttin ya hands on me." I hissed.

"your not going to do anything about it." she said in the most proper way possible.

"say who?" I replied in a raspy deep voice standing behind her. I looked her in her eyes watching her fold underneath me.

We communicated with our eyes. Jalaiah rolled her head and pushed me out of the way. I followed her into the house. "why are you following me?" she asked looking back at me.

I didn't say anything, I pulled her into the closest room which was an empty bedroom. I locked the door behind me, "what are you doing?" Laia mugged beating on my chest.

"Bro you gone stop putting yo fucking hands on me lil shawty." I demanded.

"Or what? you ain't going to do nothing." she sassed going for my body. I grabbed her arms and pushed her against the wall.

I stared in her eyes, she did the same trying not to fold under pressure. "get. off. of. me. before. I. scream." she said through gritted teeth, fake acting hard.

"i. dare. you." I smirked, licking my lips at her.

Jalaiah smart ass screamed at the top of her lungs but no one heard her due to the loud music playing in the background, "shawty no one can hear you." I laughed.

Her facial expression softened knowing I was right. I held her against the wall as she tried to fight. She pushed me on top of the bed and started beating the hell out of me.

I grabbed ahold of her arms and we rolled off of the bed and hit the floor, well she hit the floor, I landed on my feet.

"oh shit, you good?" I tried to hold back my laugh to help her up. She fought me off and got up from the floor.

"i am so sorry." I apologized with a grimace.

"f you" she rolled her eyes.

She fixed her hair and clothes in the connected bathroom, I walked in after her and stood in the doorway. "Want me to kiss it better?" I teased.

"ew no move." she made a stank face.

I grabbed her hand and spun her to face me. "I'm sorry shawty." I apologized again, she pouted.

Without thinking I leaned into her and pecked her soft glossy lips. I thought she would push away but she didn't.

"Mmm, damn." she moaned into the kiss than pulled away.

"Why-I should go." she said walking out of the room.

I stayed and cursed under my breath.

I walked out a few minutes later and joined the rest of the party.

Thoughts?

08/14/2022

1,326 words