Chapter 1

"MapleKit, from this day forward you'll be known as MaplePaw, BloomHeart will be your mentor!" OakStar yowled from the high rock.

Everyone cheered the tortoiseshell she-cat's name happily as she touched noses with her new Mentor.

"You're finally an apprentice!" A/n happily meowed as he touched noses with his friend. MaplePaw purred happily.

She couldn't believe the day had arrived for her to be an apprentice, and she would be able to train with A/n!

"Hi A/n," a golden speckled she-cat mewed as she placed herself beside the p/c Tom. MaplePaw felt her blood begin to boil.

FrecklePaw had been one of A/n's closest friends and MaplePaw felt angry whenever they left camp together for training.

OakStar had even taken a liking to the young Tom as well, "hello FrecklePaw, are you alright?"

"I was actually wondering if you would like to come hunting with me and BirchPaw with our mentors..." FrecklePaw asked shyly, MaplePaw could see her face dusted in pink.

A/n flicked her ears and turned towards MaplePaw, "actually, I was thinking of showing MaplePaw around the territory with BloomHeart, if that's alright?"

FrecklePaw nodded and quickly hopped away to join her brother. BloomHeart nodded in agreement for A/n to join them.

The grey tabby lead the apprentices through the lush forest and soon came across Sunningrocks.

"Woah!" MaplePaw mewed in awe as she saw the glistening river. "Is this RiverClan's boarder?"

"Yes!" A/n stated, "and we are constantly fighting over Sunningrocks!" The Tom then looked up at BloomHeart, feeling embarrassed.

However MaplePaw gave A/n a smile, and the Tom felt his ears heat up and his embarrassment faded away quickly.

"We are at war with RiverClan over Sunningrocks, they have ownership of them now, but we will soon take them back," BloomHeart informed.

Suddenly a RiverClan Patrol arrived at the river, "teaching these apprentices about our glorious victory?" DarkStar snarled.

"Telling them how we are going to claw your ears off," BloomHeart growled back. MaplePaw then set her eyes on a brown Tom of the patrol.

He seemed to be an apprentice too, but not as young as her, DarkStar flicked her tail and called her patrol to follow her down the bank.

"That apprentice is ApplePaw, constantly talking at gatherings he is," A/n scoffed as he padded away with BloomHeart.

MaplePaw walked behind them, looking at A/n as his fur shined in the sunlight. She quickly shook her head as her face heated up.

A/n looked at her with shining eyes, he quickly felt his ears heat up as the beautiful she-cat padded close to her mentor. What was this feeling?

However MaplePaw was too focused on thinking about the pretty brown Tom that was among the RiverClan patrol.

"MapleShade? Hello?" The tortoiseshell she-cat shook her head quickly and looked at W/n, who was waving his paw in her face.